1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    PACERS vs KNICKS Game 2: Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

KOC: Charlotte has emerged as the most likely destination for Westbrook

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 17, 2020.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

joey dorsey AND donte green , who was flipped for Ron Artest ...

UTSA2step likes this.
  2. Rudy

Rudy Member

Stein says it’s Knicks or Hornets

Rudyc281 likes this.
  3. lionaire

lionaire Member

Need at least two of Graham, Bridges, Washington or the #3

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Perhaps one of those picks was needed by MJ to close the deal. Who knows?

Yes, I’d rather do that if we’re keeping Harden. Heck, even if we’re moving James to Philly for Simmons and change. Getting Rozier and Zeller would save Ferntits $4 million. Rozier is 26 and Zeller is 27. Simmons is 24. If we ended up with Josh, he’s 27. Thybulle is 22, if we went that route. Looks like a rebuild to me, a pretty good one that would be fun to watch. Might even win some games. We still have other pieces we could move by the deadline, if not sooner.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yes, you are right. But the "flip" for Artest wasn't that simple. It was Greene, Bobby Jackson and a first round pick for Artest and change. Greene wasn't much of a player either.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  7. Juxtaposed Jolt

"...if they can land him a star player" lmao.

You'd have to find someone willing to play with Russell Westbrook. That someone would also have to be willing to play under a terrible owner in Dolan. Considering what Houston wants for Westbrook, Knicks are gonna have to give up quite a few things.

Houston needs to deal Westbrook to the Knicks ASAP before Westbrook realizes it ain't that rosy in NYC.

Rudyc281 and Easy like this.
  8. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Who the hell cares what he wants? They're having a hard time finding a good deal for him in the first place. They'll send him to anyone who has a decent offer.

Rudyc281 and HardenVolumeOne like this.
  9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

IMO doesn't matter that Greene didnt pan out. NBA draft is a crapshoot. Player development and situation matters just as much if not more than how good you are the moment you are drafted. SAC thought he had nough value to be the centerpiece for a Ron Ron trade.

Batum at 25 gave us the 28 and 33 ( i think ) picks.

Overall i think Morey is a very good drafter , but we've shied away from the draft ... and that decision i disagree with , but i cant argue too much with being how good weve been over the last 3-4 years ( when we started shifting our strategy )

Morris is still in the league , Lamb too , Harrell etc ... injuries hapen and guys bust out for all different reasons.

I think our PLAYER DEVELOPMENT has been lacking , but not necessarily because DM cant draft guys.

Going forward , it looks like Player Devel is gonna be a much large part of our org strategy . So we are gonna have to hope we are pretty good at it , or get lucky.

Easy and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

It’s hilarious to me when all these players supposedly request trades and have a “list” of teams they want to go to.

There are VERY few players that have that kind of pull and Russ most certainly is not one of them.

We’re better off keeping him and trying everything we can with our new coaching regime to get more motion and add a couple legitimate shooters and dribblers.

In Dallas, Carlisle and Silas had Curry, Doncic, Brunson, JJ, Porzingod as players who were able to dribble and play make proficiently for their positions.

We have James and Russ who can do that for us.

11. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Carmelo Anthony is the best it’s gonna get

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Lmao

I’d like to see this too

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Clutchfans: Russ for #3, Graham and Washington

Hornets forums: Rozier and Zeller for Westbrook and future picks

snowconeman22 likes this.
  14. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

LOL.

But seriously, Russ/Tucker/#16 for Graham/Washington/#3

MarioKissoDeath likes this.
  15. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

we could. but you're selling low on Westbrook, attaching assets just to get rid of him after a down year. its CP3 all over again. Paul had a down/injured year. rockets sold low. had to include 4 firsts. the next year presti moves him for a pick and 2 players who can easily land them more picks.

I don't want to go through that again with Westbrook. he was injured, he was sick, he looked bad. he still made all nba 3rd team! no way is it worth attaching assets to move him, or agreeing to move him just for a salary dump.

he's worth at least what CP3 is worth. Rubio, oubre and a pick. if we can't find that deal right now, wait until the deadline when he proves himself. wait until next offseason when he's proven himself. we don't have our own 2021. no reason to bottom out this season unless we get a good deal.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We’ll have to see what’s happens, of course, if anything, but I’m all for moving Russ and before Harden (if we end up doing that). Russ in not a value contract. We were crazy to deal for him, in my opinion.

YOLO likes this.
  18. Caesar

Caesar Member

This is so dumb. If Russ is seeing how low his interest is and we end up trading Harden for some young studs and picks, why wouldn't Russ just want to stay and prove his worth by leading our new young squad HERE vs Charlotte or NY which will be WORSE?? Just makes no sense to me. I for one would welcome Russ's fire and intensity being the example set for our new future franchise player via the Harden trade. Just don't understand floating around borderline playoff/14th pick in the draft with a bunch of role players and no star to lead them. If you gotta get rid of both, hoard picks, and get Simmons for the Harden trade.

19. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

in hindsight, and I say this without trying to sensationalize, after we trade harden each pick and swap we gave them will hold more value individually than the entire package we end up getting for rus. let that one sink in!

worst trade in franchise history.

that's why we can't afford to sell low on rus. no way to I just split his contract into rosier and zeller. he's worth at least what Paul just went for. rubio/oubre/pick.

now if I can get beverley/lou/zubac... zubac as 23 year old is the same value as a pick given his age and contract. the other guys I can flip for picks.

Deckard likes this.
  20. Caesar

Caesar Member

I'm not brushed up on the no consecutive draft pick trades...do we have our pick next year? 2021 seems to be the draft you want to tank for, so why do we load up with Clippers or Hornets role players + Nets young above average role players and end up on the mediocrity treadmill? Only way that ends up okay is all those role players + cap space to chase star free agents to lead them. It's a high risk route straight to the top, but it can work. You could end up with a really deep roster led by a star with several having all star potential, but i'm not brushed up on the Net's players contracts and incoming Russ package contracts. If there was still space for a superstar free agent that wants to live like a king the way Harden had it in HTown, that's a deep roster.