1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe's wife says NBA titles a must for marriage

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by MambaJoe, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

The article says Vanessa married Kobe before he won his second ring...

2. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Taken out of context but Vanessa is a gold digger. Good for her though since I don't care for Kobe.

3. Grape_Swisha281

How can you be a man and not feel for Kobe? I got married at 19 before i joined the service and worked hard for 4 years for everything that had, 2 cars ,house, etc just to have it takin from me in a divorce 4 years later. Now my ex wife didnt spend a day in a warzone while i spent a good 2 years but yet shes entitled to what i have/had.. its crap. sorry for the rant but dirty ex wifes piss me off

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

Why should we feel sorry for Kobe?

He's still rich

6. Grape_Swisha281

Your right, but he she entitled to 150 million bucks just because she married him? :confused::confused::confused:

7. Grape_Swisha281

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

That's on Kobe, not like he didn't know what he was getting himself into.

Unless you got the resistance of A.C. Green you should not get married if you're an athlete.

9. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

I don't like him and even if he loses nearly half of his assets he will be extremely well off financially. He could have signed a prenup if he wanted to its not like he was forced to do anything. That being said I think Vanessa Bryant is scum.

I feel for what happened to you but the world is an unfair place.
    I have a coworker of mine who was forced into an arranged marriage and got into an abusive relationship. She had to be the breadwinner and raise the children since her husband was a lazy bum. In the end they divorced and all she got was years of abuse, a few children to feed, and to top it all off her husband managed to get some of her assets that he didn't earn.

10. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Garbage system but you can avoid that mess with a prenuptial agreement. Maybe he didn't sign it because he wanted to be like Jordan (who also didn't sign one and got screwed). Should have followed Shaq.

If your rich and marrying a person who is not rich signing a prenuptial agreement is a wise choice imo.

11. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

I'm inclined to agree. It's not like her lawyers screwed Kobe over. Kobe knew what the risk were when he didn't sigh a prenup, then cheated on her. Same goes for Tiger.

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

when you're 19 and in love as Kobe was you probably don't make the wisest choices.

13. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Pretty sure Kobe and his wife are perfect for each other, they both want to win. Sure its probably worded strongly but who cares, I'm pretty sure Kobe is the exact same way. He wants to win every year.

14. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Prenupt

15. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

The fact is most men are too scared to get into a prenup talk,
    bc the girl somehow switches it around, thus blaming "you" for no
    trust, and how can you get married without trust...and thus the prenup flies
    out the window....and then a woman decides, loyalty, trust aren't important anymore
    years later, whether it's. "Kobe incident", or a "tiger incident" -I'm usually in a or of women not getting half. What Kobe, and tiger did to them, humiliation, he's they deserve the money. They also are paid so they can't talk about that stuf extra marital affairs etc.

Prenup is the answer, but some women are snakes, some aren't. Luckily I haven't had to deal with something like the stories posted.

16. Arthurprescott2

Yea he probably should have listened to his parents and not married her. He got married too young. Sucks for Kobe and his kids. He prob wants to keep it together so he can see his kids everyday. Meanwhile she's got so much botox in her face these days that she can't even move her face.

17. YallMean

YallMean Member

Wow, I feel sorry for Kobe. Well, he probably doesn't need my sympathy anyways.

18. clos4life

clos4life Member

If you think you are gonna get divorced then why get married? Seriously. Some of you guys need to stop getting married with women you met at the club/bar. If Christ is not the basis of the marriage for both you and your wife I would expect a high likelihood of a divorce so why bother?