1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe's Response to Heckling Fan

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Keyser Soze, Dec 27, 2014.

1. SK34

SK34 Member

So how did kobe ride shaq to the 3 championships? please give evidence. It wasn't like kobe was not doing anything. scored above 22ppgs and managed to have more than 4 rbs, 4 asts all 3 seasons of the championship run...

Shaq was dominated for sure but Kobe wasn't riding him to the championships.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He played the Scottie Pippen role

3. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

Scottie PIppen didn't dismantle the 01 Spurs or put up back to back 40/10 games against the Kings.

4. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

When I was in college, I went with a group of friends to see a Rangers-Yankees game soon after Dave Winfield became the first $1 million a year player. We had good seats, about three rows up from the left field line. Fans were yelling at Winfield every time he had to shade over to the line, but he never acknowledged anyone. Late in the game with Yankees up several runs, Winfield was as close to us as he had been, in his defensive stance and waiting for the pitch. Some guy yells out, "Hey Dave, do you really think you are really worth $1 million?" Not even turning his head, Winfield raised two fingers in the direction of the heckler at the same time he was tracking a fly ball that had just been hit. One of the coolest things I've ever seen from a pro athlete. Shut everyone up for the remainder of the game and you could see Winfield grinning the whole inning.

I know, csb.

5. AFS

AFS Member

Looks like he took it from Popovich's playbook: [​IMG]

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Over those 3 years, when Kobe missed games, nearly 30, the Lakers had a higher winning percentage than with him. When Shaq missed games, 26 of them, they weren't even a playoff team.

7. Panda23

Panda23 Member

hes counting how many times he's boned his mum

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

How many rapes?

9. CrashTheBoards

Would rep

10. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

How many superstar teammates he has run out of town?

11. HRox832

HRox832 Member

Thats what you call "ownage"

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And Pop took it from the Miami Heat Lebron presentation.

Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4.....

and mocked them

13. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Man seeing this is such a slap in the face. I remember the good old days when The Rox were the only team in Texas with rings. I can't believe the Spurs have 5 now. I can only rehash the "tanked for Duncan" line so many times to make myself feel better.

14. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Winning shut all ALL haters. Good one Kobe.

15. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

That's POP's reaction whenever anyone says his team is boring.

16. VanityHalfBlack

I think he meant that it wasn't funny nor worthy of a thread.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kobe on the five-ring taunt to Dallas Mavericks heckler: &quot;Sometimes you have to remind people how to count.&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Medina (@MarkG_Medina) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/status/549436881553743872">December 29, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kobe laughed when I asked if the Dallas Mavericks heckler was Mark Cuban. It was a fan, as Kobe said, &quot;talking sh**&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Medina (@MarkG_Medina) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/status/549436726188318720">December 29, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kobe on fan driving to Temecula to fight other fan in defense of Lakers' star: &quot;Mamba's army don't f--- around.&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Medina (@MarkG_Medina) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/status/549435877563191296">December 29, 2014</a></blockquote>

18. DreamRun95

DreamRun95 Member

Lol This would be awkward as Bill Russell. He probably have to take one shoe off.

19. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Yup you're right Kobe, $5 footlongs are starting up again at Subways!

20. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I'm becoming a fan of this old, grizzled, unfiltered Kobe. No more trying (with little success) to be a likable, marketable guy who is devoted only to the purity of the game and his family. Is he overdoing it with the "I'm a proud a-hole" routine? Yeah, a little but I prefer this f-bomb dropping madman over the rated PG Mamba we're all used to.

He knows the last grains of sand are rapidly flowing in the hour glass that is his career so he is going give us as many 8-30 (on all off-balanced jump shots) performances as possible while dropping loads of tweetable, profanity-laced quotes until the Buss family has him dragged off the court or until his knees explode so grotesquely that even his super-secret, French blood treatments can't cure them and he is confined to a wheelchair and a straight jacket to keep him from hoisting jumpers from that chair from court-side at Lakers games.

After Kobe finally writes the last chapter in his NBA story, we can only hope Dana White will give him a CM Punk-type deal and let him go fight in the UFC so that he has an outlet for his rage lest he track down the likes of Smush Parker, Qwame Brown and maybe even Raja Bell and vent his fury on them Equalizer style.

Father Time has stepped on the Mamba and like the snake he is named after, he isn't going down without spitting as much venom as he possibly can before the end. Let's all enjoy it.