1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe Suing His Mom 4-days before Mother's Day

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by heypartner, May 9, 2013.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Lock if already posted. Didn't see it on the first page.

Is this guy completely out of touch with the way people normally behave?

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...ryant-says-mother-given-permission-sell-stuff

2. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

He's not suing his mother. He filed an injunction to stop the auction of his memorabilia which they did earlier today.

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

Kobe is such a sweetheart; dripping with love and compassion. A true family man. Seriously, he got ice water in his veins from somewhere. His mother may be as cold and calculating as he is. Surely they could work something like this out. Maybe not. But suing you mother, right before mother's day, seriously?!

4. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

He's not suing his mother.

I'm with him on this one. Even though I still hate him.

5. what

what Member

I seriously don't understand why money is SO important to people. I mean how much money has kobe made? half a billion?

I mean buy here the damn house if it's that important to her. Who gives a rip.

6. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

Money to his Mom or to Kobe?

Kobe probably has a personal attachment to that stuff.

7. what

what Member

wasn't the issue over the fact that kobe's mom wanted a 450k house in las vegas and kobe wanted to only give her 250k for one.

to me, i just don't understand why people with kobe's money get so self-righteous when they got money. kobe's probably dropped 450k on 1 ring alone.

you not going to be able to keep our money when you are gone and kobe has enough money for 10 lifetimes. give her the damn house, save your belongings and move the hell on.

8. Killer Korgi

Killer Korgi Member

I hope you all understand this is about privacy. His mom probably has already sold a lot of other things belonging to Kobe that he let slide. How would you feel if your mom sold your baby pictures that everyone can see on the Internet?

9. clippy

clippy Member

$450K? How about $4M ... that's what Kobe spent on his "sorry for the rape" ring to Vanessa.

10. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

she should threaten to sell all his 'dirty laundry' to the highest bidding publisher......the katelyn faber chapter alone should buy her a couple new houses

12. thedude077

thedude077 Member

LMAO! Pure comedy. :)

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well from what I understand his mom sold all his stuff to an auction house so she could get a downpayment for a house.

450k isn't that expensive for a house downpayment, I'm not sure why Kobe's being such a cheapasss and not just buying her the house outright. These aren't exactly strangers, they're his parents, for crying out loud.

14. bonny1

bonny1 Member

ppl it's not about privacy. It's about kobe not willing to give his mom 450k to buy a house. Dude is making over 30m next year without playing maybe half the season. Whats the big deal buying his mom a new house? Like his mom didn't support him play in high school? As great as he is being a basketball player, he's not a likable person

15. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

It is much more than that. Not well-known is that Kobe's mother-in law was given a house worth couple millions while his mom was only getting money for a house. Kobe's mom is jealous that the in-laws are getting more riches than she does. I believe if it ever comes out is that if Kobe's mom wanted a similar house, it would be in his son's name. I think Kobe's mom didn't want that which is why she was given money instead of a mansion. Lawyers are going to feast on them.

16. coffeelover665

you guys are criticizing him without knowing all of the information

-Kobe wanted to give her 250k but she wanted more
    -kobe bought her TWO houses already
    -Kobe already gave his family millions of dollars

plus Kobe is her son, if he said "mom, please don't sell my high school memories" then you shouldn't. Let me ask you guys, if you asked your parents not to sell your high school memories and they still do, how would you feel about it?

And just because Kobe has millions of dollars doesn't mean that he has to give his fortune away. 450k is still a large sum of money to the rest of the world. It's easy to criticize about people with money when you don't have any, same reason why everyone on this board think they can coach the Houston Rockets better then McHale.

1 person likes this.
  17. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

We don't know how much he gave or didn't give to certain relatives.
    We do know that his mom is trying to sell his championship ring without asking for his permission, in order to buy a luxury house. That's not a normal way for a parent to behave. I can't possibly imagine my parents doing this.

18. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

His mom's in the wrong.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Eh...

Can't believe I'm going to say this, but I'm with Kobe. If he doesn't agree to give her whatever she wants she will sell all his stuff to punish him? Good lord. What if she wanted 750k? What if it was 1.5 million? I'm sure Kobe has done a lot for her. He has the right to say I'm only going to give you so much this time.

20. juanm34

juanm34 Member

He should let them sell the items, and then have the Goldin Co. Give 98% to charity.
    They can keep 2% for their troubles