1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe still more unlikeable than LeBron

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ABrooks0, Sep 16, 2010.

1. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Dude, you sound like a Kobe hater. Just about every player wines to the refs. How ironic the biggest winery of all came from Steve Francis and he's your screen name. I guess when you hate a player your memory becomes mysterious selective :rolleyes:

2. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

Lakersground.net :rolleyes:

Give it up, guy.

3. Hball

Hball Member

I actually find this quite amusing/entertaining :)

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

I guess I'm not too updated on the rules, but didn't Sperm pass a new amendment that no players are to stand during game time, with the exception of a few seconds after a major play??

LerBon just danced all over that law.

5. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Because its Lebron. If it was anybody but him you'd have a change n opinion :rolleyes: "

6. Mr. Space City

lol kobe stans mad.

how can anybody hate chad ochocinco tho? dude is entertaining lol

7. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

Something tells me Kobe doesn't give a ****.

8. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

Just because someone takes up for Kobe doesn't mean their a Lakers fan. I'm not a big fan but I don't dislike the guy either.

9. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

*inside staples center

10. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Big Ben has won two super bowls second one just as recent as 2009.

TO , Vick, Ocho have not won any championships or made to any probowls in forever.

11. ketchupNmustard

Mike Vick is cold with it...

12. adoo

adoo Member

no argument from me.

SuperBowl hero Ben Roethlisberger also had to settle out of court to make rape charges go away.

Big Ben settled his case this past season; Bryant had his case dismissed 6 yrs ago.

yet Big Ben is considered more likeable !

13. Steve_Francis_rules

I'm not talking about working the refs. I'm talking about screaming at them and flailing your arms with thousands of people watching you. That's unprofessional. Phil Jackson keeps his cool while he works the refs.

14. Steve_Francis_rules

I hate when any player whines excessively. I was just pointing out how quick you are to call a player you hate (Lebron) unprofessional for dancing on the sidelines while ignoring the lack of professionalism shown by a lot of players. I used Kobe as the specific example because you are a notorious Kobe fanboy.

Answer me this: if pro ball players are entertainers, how is dancing on the sidelines unprofessional?

15. Steve_Francis_rules

That's still many thousands of people who weren't automatically labeling Kobe guilty just because he's black.

16. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Dude, like I said, Steve Francis was the biggest cry baby in the league. Your criticism seems a tad bit selective. You can't hate whining that much when your favorite player was the biggest one. Let's not beat around the bush, your opinion is bias being your dislike for Kobe. If the guy scratches his ass you'd criticize him on that as well.

17. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Ben definitely got away BOTH occasions. Yet Kobes image is the more tainted. The media coverage with black athletes is so one-side and its blatantly obvious. ESPN didn't even cover Ben's rape story the first few weeks. How interesting :rolleyes:

18. showtang043

showtang043 Member

actually there was a true hoop article where they counted the amount of a player arguing/whining with the ref. Kobe was there, but wasn't one of the top 3 although his reputation says he does it the most.

19. Steve_Francis_rules

Note that I joined this site in December 1999. Steve Francis had been playing in the league for less than two months at the time. I had no idea at that point whether or not he was a whiner.

I didn't like Francis' whining any more than I like Kobe's. There's nothing selective about my memory either. I haven't seen Steve Francis playing in years, so he's not really relevant to the conversation anyway.

20. Steve_Francis_rules

Kobe may not complain the most, but he does have some of the most animated/aggressive reactions towards calls he disagrees with.