1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe still more unlikeable than LeBron

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ABrooks0, Sep 16, 2010.

1. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

I didn't read the article but is that based on stats from the US or worldwide? Lebron can't even touch Kobe in the likeability department in China which has a massive NBA following

2. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

oops I meant US and worldwide combined reception of these two

3. Texasboy1978

Texasboy1978 Member

That's when you have an establishment that's having a special on Wells and you drink them out of business.... Well Rape!

4. Shaud

Shaud Member

Still don't really get the Tiger hate. Maybe mostly women voted for him.

5. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Yeah, yet people still love him. You'll never see a "Be like Kobe" ad campaign. Hell, any and all commercials that try to depict Kobe as a likable guy are long gone (like that "heart tugging" mcdonald's commercial he did with a little kid years back). Now commercials try to work off of his douchiness and the hatred people have towards him. Like the Nike "hate me" commercial, or even the Nike puppet commercials where he's a comically narcissistic and annoying friend of Lebron's. It's just who Kobe is. He's not a likable person. I'm sure that the team he plays for and how good he is has an effect on that, but his personality sure as hell doesn't help.

6. Steve_Francis_rules

Magic and Shaq were both very popular Lakers.

7. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Dude, I didn't say that alone will make people hate someone (although there are plenty of people who don't like Magic or especially Shaq). I'm just saying it has an effect. My post was specifically about how there is more to why people hate Kobe. It's his personality.

8. showtang043

showtang043 Member

I agree, I am a kobe fan and I do not 'like' him so to say as in want my kids or anyone to be like him or think hes a role model. I take him for what I know, as a ballplayer, I admire his approach and dedication to his game, I like how serious he takes and how obsessed he is with winning and how dedicated he is. His work ethic and approach are what makes me a Kobe fan, what made me a Jordan fan, and why I am growing on Kevin Durant, who is a different personality, but still this kids got skill, approach, and dedication, I believe these guys will make marketing money and it matters, but they are all obsessed about the game and they show it in their dedication to the skillsets.

Where as lebron, to his credit is an athletic freak and skilled, but his approach and priorities align him more with somewhat of a Paris hilton of the NBA just for attnetion always

9. icewill36

icewill36 Member

seems odd ben rothleisberger isnt on the most hated list then... wonder why that is ????

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Probably because he's not as high profile as Kobe. Notice a lot of the most hated athletes are among the top players in their sports. The better you are, the most polarizing you are.

Also, Kobe was already hated by a lot of people (including myself) before the rape charge. His arrogance and general douchiness just isn't very likable.

11. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Other known trash talkers:
    Lebron James
    Chris Paul
    Brannon Jennings
    Baron Davis
    Tracy Mcgrady

Interesting Kobe takes that rap for being a "trash talker" when you have players doing in game dances after plays :rolleyes:

12. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Black Athlete= "Criminal"
    White Athlete=" Just made a stupd mistake, we all do"

13. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Why do people hate Ocho? Seems like a pretty good guy from what I've seen.

14. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

why Tiger is more unlikeable then Kobe? they did the same thing: cheated on his wife.

15. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

consensual v. rape.

16. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

You kidding? I hated Jordan with a passion back in the day. I just respect him more now because I'm just realizing how good he was compared to these wannabes today.

17. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

says the white guy.

18. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

He is arguably one of the best, but i never liked that guy I don't know why, could be his attitude or something, I just don't like him.

19. Steve_Francis_rules

Which should actually work in Tiger's favor, because he's not the one who was accused of rape. Yet, he's still more disliked.

I think it actually has to do with how long it's been. People have short memories.

20. Steve_Francis_rules

Really? Because I seem to recall Kobe being greeted with standing ovations every time he arrived to a Lakers game (sometimes late) after spending the day in court in Colorado.