1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe still more unlikeable than LeBron

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ABrooks0, Sep 16, 2010.

1. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

It's such a copout when people say this (usually Kobe fans). Not nearly the same kind of hate was ever directed towards Jordan. Or Duncan for that matter. Or Lebron (until recently... I still don't really have anything against Lebron, just sayin). Or Hakeem. The list goes on and on of adored, mega-successful stars. Guys like Kobe have just done certain things to piss people off, and it's more than just being good. Look who else is on that list.

1 person likes this.
  2. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Pathetic :eek:

3. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

I think people have a lot of trouble putting things into perspective. Lebron made a dumb PR move in stringing people along, especially in Cleveland. He's also a frontrunner. But, people act like that's the worst thing that someone's done.

On the other hand, Kobe settled out of court to make rape charges go away. In the settlement Kobe acknowledged that he disagreed with the woman over her consent--which to my mind is pretty damning since the definition of rape is nonconsensual sex. Rape is one of the worst things a person can do. Lebron had every right to leave Cleveland. His moving to MIA makes me like him even less than before, but compared to Kobe, his transgressions are pretty insignificant.

4. yaonow

yaonow Member

People hate kobe because he raped someone

People hate lebron because he made a self centered TV show

^which offense is worse?

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

apparently not rape. where is ben roethlisberger on this damn list?

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

It will always be Kobe until we start having heated battles against the Heat in the Finals.

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

Pretty funny you mentioned Jordan who is known as a jerk off the court.

8. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

[​IMG]
    Can someone chop this to say "dear clutch" instead of god? :grin:

9. thefinalchapter

LOL WHY IS THIS EVEN NEWS, I HAVE LEARNED TO ACCEPT THE FACT THAT WHITE PEOPLE(in general white men) SIMPLY HATE EVERY BLACK ATHLETE, ESPECIALLY IF THEY ARE GOOD AT THAT PARTICUALR SPORT. I WONDER WHY BEN ROETHLISBERGER IS NOT ON THE TOP 5( dude raped 2 different chick within 16 months).

AS A 19 YEAR OLD BLACK MALE, I KNOW WHITE PEOPLE ARE JUST WAITING TO KEVIN DURANT AND JASON HEYWARD TO MESS UP IN LIFE, SO THEY CAN HATE THEM TOO.

AND HATE IS A STRONG WORD, HOW CAN YOU HATE SOMEONE WITHOUT EVEN KNOWING THEM, YOU MAY NOT LIKE THAT PERSON, BUT HATE COME ON. I THINK WHITE PEOPLE HATE EVERY BLACK ATHLETE.

10. Shaud

Shaud Member

[​IMG]

King business has just picked up

11. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

[​IMG]

12. Steve_Francis_rules

1) Take it easy on the caps.

2) You sound like an idiot.

3) The survey didn't actually use the word "hate." It indicated that more people have a "negative opinion" of Kobe than Lebron.

13. adoo

adoo Member

Sarah Palin quit,LeBron didn't.

but i agree with your assessment of him.

14. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Somewhere in that dribble you make a good point.

All should be higher (esp. the nfl guys since more people watch football then basketball):
    Brett Farve
    Ben Roethlisberger
    Roger Clemens
    Lan Kiffin

15. Siu0410

Siu0410 Member

Didn't someone post an article earlier this week with evidence that Lebron is the most hated man in the sports industry right now?

16. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

I've started to like Kobe more.. he hasn't been much of a douche lately and seems more humble.

17. justinh

justinh Member

thank god someone understands the difference and correct usage of these two words.

18. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Good point. So have I.

I was actually Kobe hater but now I respect and actually like the guy. Best player in the game for me.

19. showtang043

showtang043 Member

This is a different argument, but Kobe admitted to cheating and all of that. This is a girl who voluntarily came up to his room, closed to door, and started making out. This is a girl who test was shown to have slept with 3 different men in the last week, so it doesn't seem that she is choosy or picky or waiting for the one, and now a megastar athlete comes by, and now after closing the door, going to his room alone, and admitting to kissing him, she decides to stop. Let alone if kobe was going to lie, wouldn't he have lied about more? he said yes she was saying stop, but yea If you guys have seen many cases where sexually in the moment(not judging but its out there) where in the 'heat of things' girls say stop and its more sex talk than anything. And she took it that far , and then took the money?

I don't know, it just reeks of suspect, and he wasn't proven guilty, so just imagine the small benefit of the doubt that he did not rape her yet guys like you running around saying it openly.

No one will ever know, but when I read about those facts, it just makes him a pretty easy suspect to make 10 million dollars out of and theres people who would do worse for that kind of money and with her background and history. Nonetheless, ofcourse its just an agreement to disagree, I have read enough extortion cases from athletes and politicians to where I realize the reality of it and tht it does happens, it doesn't mean it absolutely did, but yea theres that chance, and if he wasn't proven guilty than its a tough thing to say. That said, he was still wrong and admittedly an adulterer, which is certainly unlikeable, but many more people to unlike on that one in the sports world.

20. Steve_Francis_rules

Roethlisberger should obviously be high on the list. Clemens is retired, so he's really irrelevant.

I'm not quite sure how Favre fits in here. He likes to string his teams along, and the whole retiring/returning thing is getting old, but he's not an unlikable guy, IMO. He's not a cheater (Clemens, Kiffin) and he hasn't had major off field issues (Big Ben, Kobe).