1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe out 6 weeks with fracture in left knee.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Pieman2005, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Love the current state of the Lakers....

2. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I always root for Lakers failure but not for Kobe to go down like that.

it gives the Lakers fans a reason to continue to live in oblivion and make excuses.

I wanted to see him go down with the ship, just like last year.

they would have failed with or without him.

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Things Shorter than Kobe's return from injury
    1. Vine videos
    2. Super Bowl Ads
    3. A&amp;Es reaction time
    4. Kevin Hart
    5. Derrick Rose's return</p>&mdash; The Legend NOTSC (@NOTSCTheLegend) <a href="https://twitter.com/NOTSCTheLegend/statuses/413884239113748480">December 20, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. mockster

mockster Member

Of coarse not. Obviously without a better team he cannot get to a championship. Although I never questions a mans ability with 5 rings that he earned. Obviously though realisticly with Lebron still
    Around and hopefully rockets making a push there is no way.

5. Sajan

Sajan Member

the stupid part is how the lakers paid him an extra 50 million before he even came back..

i don't get what some of these teams do. seriously. wtf.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

A lot of us felt that they would have failed worse with him than without him.

7. chandlerbang21

Asik for gasol, let pau expire and pick up a good player in offseason

8. clippy

clippy Member

They had no choice because he was holding them hostage. If they don't pay him and he walks, Faker Nation would mutiny (not having enough common sense to realize that the team would be so much better with extra cap instead of a crippled chucker). It was really up to Kobe to make the offer to take less for the good of the team, but he's such a diva it probably never occurred to him. #countonkobe

9. across110thstreet

and that's why I'm sad to see him go down.

10. Raven

Raven Member

So will the league give Wiggins to the Celtics, Lakers, or Knicks? What a tough choice!

11. across110thstreet

the 12-14 Celtics are the 7th best team in the East with the 4 seed.

12. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

And they can no long amnesty him...

Kobe may make another come back, but I think he's humpty dumpty now :(.

13. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

Don't worry, jinxes aren't real.

14. alaskansnowman

Well, he's only human (unlike Lebron James, who I still believe was created in a lab somewhere). Father time was bound to catch up with him sooner or later - he lasted a good 5 to 6 years longer than Mcgrady.

15. Lihao

Lihao Member

50 million man, woo hoo

16. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

Knicks don't own their own draft pick this year which makes watching them lose even more enjoyable :grin:

17. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I don't like Kobe, but leaving subjectivity aside, can you really blame him for that? The guy likes to compete and if he didn't try to return, he would be asking himself "what if" for the rest of his life.

18. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I wonder why owners feel compelled to sign older players to big extensions, who are they bidding against? What other team would have signed Kobe, A-rod or Matt Schaub?

What insurance company would have covered that contract for any amount of premium? The odds were against him ever completing it.

How can you mortgage your entire salary cap on one player, injuries are just so common, one reason I want to keep Asik. No one would ever put their entire portfolio in one stock, even Google.

19. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Kobe sells tickets. If you lock Kobe down for two years you have butts in seats for two extra years. The Lakers aren't getting Melo or LeBron next year and they still have plenty of money to get Love in 2015. If Kobe can't return to form you still have people showing up to see the retirement tour and you get some lottery picks in the process. The Lakers were going to endure some down years no matter how much money they gave Kobe.

20. da_juice

da_juice Member

Raptors. The Canadian expansion is a black market on Stern ' s reign. What better way to amend than by having a hometown boy leading a Renaissance and being the best Raptor of all time, turning an irrelevant franchise into a competitive one (like LeBron with the Cavs). Surely, that would help basketball grow in Canada and international (something the league has been pushing)