1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe has a meltdown in Lakers practice.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RedRedemption, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

You can do this if you yourself is playing well and playing to win.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kobe is a true professional and I hope he retires a <strike>Rocket</strike> Laker.

Give me "assholes" like Jordan and Kobe.

[​IMG]

3. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Nothing wrong with mind games. My uncle used to do that with me when we played sports. It makes you better.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It was a private practice that got out. He didn't come out and insult them to the press. He's doing it in practice.

Have no problem with it. Some players are just intense like this. Texan fans should know, Watt sometimes goes after his teammates hard when they mess up.

They are what...one of the worst teams in the West, nothing to smile about. I think this was a leadership move, so many bad teams just start going through the motions and Kobe isn't having any of that. Will it work, I doubt it will because they just quite simply do not have the talent to win many games.

Kobe is truly a shade of his former self and his numbers are fools gold this year and all he's doing is just scoring on a bad team.

5. Carl Herrera

It was not a private practice. The media was there, there is video of what he said. Dude knows this would get out-- he likely want it out there to send a message.

6. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Maybe he didn't practice much with others? It wouldn't be unusual, that year after they won 2 straight titles he had an individual practice program too and was excused from scrimmaged and the like. Later when he did start to practice with others more, he had similar comments.

7. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Great leaders customize the message to the individual. This is just eye roll inducing, can you imagine him running his mouth like that in San Antonio and anyone giving a damn?

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It was incredibly scripted.

Arash Markazi @ArashMarkazi · 3h 3 hours ago
    Kobe outburst at practice came after the doors were opened to the media and cameras were rolling. It wasn't exactly a closed-door session.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Kobe is not shy with saying how he feels about teammates. If he wanted to call them out he would just do it. I bet this would have happened if there were no cameras is what I mean.

Yeah he wanted to send a message, I don't have a problem with it. I don't think it'll help them much because they really do suck and also it's hard to criticize practice if apparently you aren't there all the time. Even if you are a older dude who needs the rest you can at least be present to bond with teammates and impart knowledge.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Kobe is clearly the most detrimental player in the NBA.

11. Carl Herrera

Byron Scott mentioned Kobe sitting out practices to save his legs. That's another thing-- everyone's been going to every practice, grinding it out while Kobe rests. Now he shows up and starts b****ing at people.

12. photojoe

photojoe Member

Kobe Bryant has been in the NBA for 18 years? And yet, he still finds so many ways for me to dislike him even more.

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

And some are just wired to be a-holes, like Kobe.

Tim Duncan is a better leader than he is.

14. baubo

baubo Member

I honestly thought this was a real joke when I read it. Behind close doors I don't doubt such things happen, perhaps quite often. But to say it in the open is pretty shocking.

15. Carl Herrera

The thread title is misleading-- Kobe didn't have a meltdown and lost his temper. He was just trash talking in scrimmage.

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kobe didn't have a meltdown, but he did show why he's a sucky teammate and really horrible leader.

That's the most screwed up example of supposed leadership from a superstar that I've ever heard about.

Kobe plays like a selfish ass, and leads like a tool. He doesn't have leadership, and has lost what it takes to be the best in the league. That's to be expected, but if he had a real leadership ability he's in a great position to help out the rest of his teammates.

17. TheresTheDagger

How do you spell Kobe?

C A N C E R.

18. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

an A-Hole calling his teammates Charmin bwahahahaha

Thats a thousand bar joke right there hahaha

19. CrashTheBoards

Damn, the last tweet indicates it was bad.

Even if it doesn't sound classy -- **** Kobe. He just throws the word soft around for no good reason. He is the one jacking up threes and off balance, contested mid range jumpers his entire career, but ESPECIALLY this season and he is calling people soft. ****ing hypocrite.

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Haralabos Voulgaris retweeted
    Joe Galvan @joegalvan · 3h 3 hours ago
    "These mf's ain't doin nothin for me" #kobe

[​IMG]