1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe for Arenas...??

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Barkley, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Barkley

Barkley Member

Haven't seen it posted yet.

I don't know why but if I were Wizards' GM I wouldn't do that.

2. Asian Sensation

If I were Kobe I wouldn't want to go to the Wizards.

3. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

I hate arenas waaaay more than I hate Kobe. Kobe has always been a star, he's like a spoiled rich kid, but Arenas is supposed to appeal to those that are never given a chance, instead he has also become a whiny spoiled rich kid. I guess whatever it takes to get attention.

4. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

If Kobe joins the wiz I don't see them becoming a contender this season anyway, it's too late to make any moves, I wouldn't do it as washington.

5. Barkley

Barkley Member

Well I like Arenas but he killed me with his promises that he would go for 50 points against Blazers and I remember he really really sucked in that game.

6. lalala902102001

I believe that Kobe has a no-trade clause and can veto any deal if he doesn't like it. I don't see him wanting to go to D.C. The Wizards' supporting cast are no better than his Lakers squad if they deal Arenas and another player for pick for Kobe.

7. g1184

g1184 Member

If it does go down, the NBA Live '08 cover will be outdated before the season even begins.

8. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Might be easier to facilitate a 3 way Chi/LA/Wiz deal if Washington is tired of Arenas act and the Lakers would like Arenas as the main cog for replacing Kobe.

9. pli777

pli777 Member

Does that mean kobe will be playing with butler agian? :eek:
    Poor dude. :rolleyes:

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Would the Lakers even be able to give Arenas the max next year? They don't acquire his bird rights do they? Or would they be slated to actually be below the cap? That would be a shocker...

11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Chicago gets:

Kobe Bryant

Washington gets:

Ben Gordon
    Andres Nocioni
    Ronny Turiaf

LA Lakers gets:

Gilbert Arenas
    Joakim Noah
    Chris Duhon

Team Outlook:

Chicago:

Hinrich
    Bryant
    Deng
    Smith
    Wallace

Bench: Sefolosha and pretty much nothing else

Washington:

Daniels
    Gordon
    Butler
    Jamison
    Haywood

Bench: Nocioni, Stevenson, Thomas, Turiaf

LA Lakers:

Fisher
    Arenas
    Walton
    Odom
    Bynum

Bench: Brown, Duhon, Noah

Because Nocioni can't be traded til December (I think?), I had to predict that this will work because it won't go through the Trade Machine at ESPN (Trade Checker is down for the moment).

This keeps Hinrich in Chicago to run the point. This keeps Deng in Chicago to be Kobe's sidekick. Granted their depth would be FUBAR'd but with their starting FIVE, they should still be pretty damn good.

The Wizards get back, what I think, is more than enough for Arenas. They get a scorer back in Gordon, they get an up and coming PF in Thomas and Nocioni could easily be a starter for them.

LA gets their star power in Arenas--who can not only score and put on a show but is also still pretty young. Bringing in Noah and Duhon gives them better depth.

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Wizards are not winning a Championship even with Kobe on board instead of Agent Zero. The Wizards are not close at all to being a contender and Kobe isn't THAT much better than Arenas.

The Chicago deal (assuming Chicago keeps Deng) is the best fit for Kobe if he wants a sniff at the trophy.

13. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

First off Kobe is THAT MUCH BETTER than arenas. I can't even believe you said that. Yes its true that the wizard's supporting cast is no different than the lakers but a supporting cast of the lakers gets them into the 7th or 8th seed of the west. Imagine where that same team would get them in the east. Kobe could easliy get the top 4seeds in the East and have a huge chance of making it to the ECF.

14. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

Kobe has trade veto, he ain't going to want to go there.

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What's funny is that after what happened in the offseason, the person who's going to make sure Kobe stays put in LA is ... Kobe.

16. rocketshopeful

True..but he would be in the East..

17. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Tell me why Washington would do this? No, really... Tell me.

Ben Gordon is overrated scorer who's incredibly inconsistent, Turiaf is merely a Filler, and Nocioni is very good 6th man caliber but nothing special.. This trade is horrible for the Wizards.

Any deal not including Hinrich + Gordon, or Luol Deng + fillers, will not have Arenas traded.

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Great post.

19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I like your enthusiastic approach at taking my proposal seriously.

20. snc

snc Member

Whoever Kobe gets traded to, I can't wait to see him play the Lakers...

I'm talkin' about a 120pt game :D