1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe doesn't like today's NBA

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Yellow, Jan 22, 2014.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

The feeling is probably mutual.

2. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Even though it's our bread and butter, I'm not a huge fan of this guard dominant, new three or drive era either. I'm guessing the hand checking rule plays a role into why that's been so successful. Getting Dwight and incorporating his post play is a breath of fresh air in terms of watchability for me. I enjoy the variation.

I don't know if it's simply the lack of talent at the Center position or the rule changes that have caused the game to deviate away so much from them.

Kobe scored more points in the 4th/OT than Shaq in the 2001(132 to 103) and 2002(156 to 120) playoffs. In those seasons he averaged 29ppg and 27 ppg in the playoffs.

3. clippy

clippy Member

LOL, the ego on this guy. Here's some footage of "old school" Kobe doing what he does best.. crying for calls:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xjhOGrQhC6g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Say what? Two of Harden's favorite moves are the eurostep crossover and the mid-range step back fade away jumper. Everybody seems to agree that Harden is a great offensive player exactly because of his herky-jerky changes of direction.

5. Menses

Menses Member

Who is this sucka trying to fool ? The league modified the hand check rule for KOBE and star players to score more easily...Why is this POS trying to sound like an 80;s vet? Its the equivalent of the MLB cutting the ball parks and juicing the players and the ball in order to bring baseball back from the strike....A Missed fade away 3 pointer and a open lane dunk is more entertaining than a layup and a hard foul.....Kobe Bryant benefited more from the rule than any other player from his era....and he more than anyone else would have needed it when he bricked more than 50 percent of his shots on a nightly basis..

This guy never played in a league where hard fouls were allowed...(unless u were a Laker and you hack sawed jim duganed Steve Smith in front of 2 refs who ignored it). Kobe drew more fouls than anyone else in the league after 2003....Again..who is this sucka triyng to fool? What a flake hahahaha...

6. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Kobe is soft? :confused: man I'm not even a Kobe fan and I hate it when kids say Kobe is just as good as Jordan. But the man is not soft.

7. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Link? I always hear the "who closed games" argument, but have never seen any real data or support for it.

8. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

That's what she said, har har har....

9. clippy

clippy Member

Stop lying, you know you are a Kobe fan. You fit the profile to a T.

10. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

Definitely a Kobe fan.

Kobe's one of the biggest babies in the NBA. If someone created a video of him complaining about calls, it would probably be 10 hours long. Every drive he doesn't get a call on, he looks at the refs. Even a labeled whiner like WB finds the courage to get back up and walk away sometime

11. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

LOL - this is exactly what I imagine when I think about Kobe's relationship with the refs

12. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

Just show me the clip where Chris Child gave Kobe two to the chops.

13. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

14. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

Oh brother, Kobe tryna sound like a 80s vet gettin D'd up by Ron Harper and Mad Max or gettin knocked into a coma for driving into da lane by the Davis brothers, Rik Smits, Anthony Mason, Ewing, Charles Barkley, Karl Malone or Bill Laimbeer.

Also, ppl always wanna talk bout how da handcheck rule "made da nba easy and soft" but they always leave out how ZONE DEFENSE IS LEGAL NOW AND NOT A ILLEGAL DEFENSE LIKE IT WERE IN DA OLD DAYS.

You couldnt just have all five players camp out in da paint amd collapse on da lane like people do to lebron and wade nowadays to beat miami.

No sir. Back den if you strayed more then a few feet away from da man you supposed ta be guardin, guess what? ILLEGAL DEFENSE!

In my opinion it was way easier to score back then than it is now because of dat, "hand check" be damned

1 person likes this.
  15. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

If zone defense was still banned Miami woulda three peated already and be wrkn on not 4 not 5 not 6 not 7

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Wah wah wah! The era I played in was tougher!

17. supdudes

supdudes Member

Haha the hate on this thread...

At least Kobe doesn't dislocate his neck or does a CP360 when going to the rim.

Still one of the greatest of all time. Kobe can give less of a **** what some fatso's on a internet forum says, and ideally it should be vice versa. He does what the **** he want to do and say what the **** he want to say, like a real man.

So shut the hell up and hit the gym, or build some stuff. Typing messages to Kobe so that other no life's can stroke themselves in a circle jerk of hate isn't going to make your sorry life any better.

Namaste.

18. famicom

famicom Member

Man it would've been awesome to see Yao and Tmac play with the Illegal Defense rule

1 person likes this.
  19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Don't degrade yourself like that. You're better than a laker fan.

20. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

+1 ... I know that's what people do not understand about this arguments when judging past players against current players in manner of luxury. People keep bringing up harder fouls and handchecking, but don't include the prominence of zone defenses ... which basically means a player doesn't have to guard on ball or one particular player. As funny as it sounds, I use to see alot of teams struggle with it, when it was not being enforced...especially against the Supersonics.