1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe doesn't like today's NBA

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Yellow, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Yellow

Yellow Member

I agree with the bolded part very much, the rest has been talked about to death so I won't get into it. A perfect example of what Kobe is talking about would be guys like Von Wafer. If they could've bodied him up and hand checked him + bang him up inside whenever he went up - which was mainly due to athleticism - he would've never been successful. Granted he's out of the league but had a good year with us and played in the NBA for a few years. Back then, he would not have survived even a few weeks.

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He won rings in today's NBA. Besides, the refs were the Lakers best friends in the infamous Lakers-Kings series.

3. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Translation: "I've always benefitted from foul calls on the perimeter, but nowadays all of the other perimeter players get the same calls too, which is not as fun."

2 people like this.
  4. New Generation

I don't mind if him and others start making these kind of remarks. Maybe it might spark change. However I don't think it's beneficial when retired stars come about and simply badmouth the game completely.

5. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Does Kobe still play in this nba?

6. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Who. Cares.

7. famicom

famicom Member

"I hate today's NBA because it currently doesn't have me playing in it"

8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Who gives a **** what this POS likes or doesn't like. I hope the rapist suffers another setback when he comes back. **** Kobe.

9. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

What ever!!! nobody could touch Kobe back then either because it was an automatic ejection! What is he talking about?:confused: He has been preserved very well by the league, smh.

10. R0ckets03

haha...and the dude is acting like he played in the tough NBA like Jordan and Clyde. The Maxwells, Derek Harpers, John Starks, etc. would slap Rapist around like a rag doll.

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

one of the Biggest hand check benefit babby in this era complaining about it

stfu kobe

12. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

LOL, there is not one player that has benefited the most from the hand check rule than Kobe Jellybean.

13. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

They should name "today's NBA" after Kobe to shut him up! :grin:

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

When a guy complains about "today's NBA," he's saying that he is too old to play in it.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

A player comes out and says the old school NBA was more physical and everybody comes out of the woodwork with this argument about said player not being able to win in an era they never played in. Like Barkley not being able to win in today's NBA with his 93 Suns.

Who the hell cares if the player can win or not? What if JVG said it? Or Jerry Seinfeld? Or my dad? You don't even have to have legs or arms to make a comment about today's NBA being less physical. And even a 5 year old girl with no toes can have the opinion that today's NBA is boring to watch.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm not too old to play in it. I just cant play in it. And I think it's boring compared to what we used to have.

17. R0ckets03

And we are entitled to an opinion on the b*stard rapist as well.

18. BowlingBaller

BowlingBaller Member

If he were some random guy without arms or legs that would be one thing. But Kobe complaining about it would be like Miley Cyrus complaining about music videos with naked chicks swinging on wrecking balls.

1 person likes this.
  19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Hahaha. He made his money off today's nba. Yao will be standing still and this dude would get all the ****ing calls on him.

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

But it's funny how he became a perimeter shooter the last 4 years. Doesn't make sense.