1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Trading Sengun? Stop me if you've heard me talk about this one. We're talking #Rockets LIVE right now ...

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Kobe Bryant

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MoBalls, Jul 18, 2003.

1. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Statement from Vanessa Bryant:
    "I know Kobe better than anyone. The great person you see on the court and in the public is a far greater person off the court."

Obviously. :rolleyes:

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Except when he is committing adultery with or allegedly sexually assaulting a 19 year old girl, while you take care of your new baby. Is that what you mean Vanessa? :rolleyes: Tool.

3. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

The adultery I can see her forgiving him. She probably is thinking about their baby and herself. But if he is guilty of sexual assault then I wouldnt understand her standing by him.

4. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

And the minor leagues had better watch out, there's a sub .200 hitter coming their way!

5. codell

codell Contributing Member

Holy moley. Kobe's middle name is "Bean". Odd, a father naming his son after a nickname.

Kobe Bean Bryant. :D

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

How would she know what the truth is? She is doing the only thing she can now, which is to assume that his husband is innocent (at least in the public). I would've done the same if I were her.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

I'd be curious. What was jelly bean's relationship to women? Oft enuff, like father like son. But I don't know his father's history.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

on another note, if the story is made up, you wonder how this could happen. Most teams set the rookie up with fake women to teach them a lesson. And the player gets red faced and busted. But he's better for it. You'd have to think that in Charlotte somebody taught him something. You hear about this all thru the league.

9. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

whether he is convicted or not.... the fact that he cheated on his wife is enough for me to not respect him or cheer for him

10. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

No one knows the truth...except Kobe and the 19 Year old......you never know she may even stand by him after the fact....IF he is guilty......Now that is crazy if she would do that....but I remember another NBA player whos wife amazed me by sticking by him after he cheated and got the HIV virus....yup....Cookie Johnson......

11. PhiSlammaJamma

You almost wonder why a wife would stick around. I would leave my wife in a heart beat if she cheated. Partly knowing I could do better. I know people make mistakes. But once the trust is gone in a relationship everything is shattered anyway. Sadly she is better for this. At least she knows what she married. It's not a secret anymore.

12. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Feeling a little smug? A little self righteous are we? Feeling just a little superior? Well mister, false pride is a easy pleasure, but it's just a little chink in the armor that opens the floodgates of.....

SATAN

13. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

The spouses of the rich and famous put up with a lot of crap in order to live out their story book lives. How many times have we seen an abused wife change her story in order to protect her husband, and her lifestyle.

I guess it is hard to give up the limo rides, the private jets, the multi-million dollar homes, and everything else that goes along with being the spouse of a famous athlete. And don't you know that todays athletes realize this. They know their wives will stand by them no matter what they do.

I suspect many of the wives of famous athletes are exactly what this young women in Colorado is being called--a groupie. They are groupies who were successful, because they married a famous athlete. And there is nothing in the world that is going to make them return to being a normal everyday person. No matter how many affairs or black eyes they have to put up with.

14. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

I agree with Rocket Fan. Satan? I think accusing people who want fidelity in a marriage of opening the floodgates to SATAN is much more satanic a concept than wanting people not to cheat on their wives.

Look, even if this 19 year old suckered Kobe, why is it that she won't release her name? Why is that the survelliance video from the hotel shows her running out of his room crying and hysterical? Why did Kobe even have sex with her in the first place? I am so tired of hearing about these athletes leaving a tide of pregnant women in their wake. Why is it that I am able to not try to bang the highschoolers that I meet at parties when I am not even a pro athlete with a beautiful wife and kid and these guys just seem to have no will power?

15. Timing

Timing Member

I haven't heard of any videotape of this girl running out of the room.

Anyway, I have a difficult time believing he raped her. I just think of the 450 or so guys in the NBA, all having women hit on them constantly and many of those women probably being money chasers, scammers, and hangers on. What are the odds that it'd be Kobe Bryant who actually raped someone? Also, this guy's 6'8" and really strong so if he really raped her I'd have to assume she'd have some serious bruising on her. I guess we'll see what evidence they have.

16. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Like there is a such a thing as a teenage girl that wouldnt have sex with Kobe. Please.

That would be like me denying Heidi Klum after she invites me into her room. Im not after her money, so I wouldnt press charges.

17. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I never thought I'd see a real life "Body Shots" re-enactment. This is playing out just like that movie. I wonder who's playing the Tara Reid role.

18. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

You can't just write this one off as rich people. 28 percent of men and 19 percent of women ADMIT to marital infidelity according to statistical surveys but most believe those numbers are somewhat low.

In cases of marital infidelity, 49 percent of couples remained married after the discovery.

If that is true, it is very possible that as many as 1 in 5 couples in America are recovering from a spouse's infidelity - not exactly a tiny percentage.

Obviously, Kobe's situation could be very different. We just don't know yet.

19. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

R Kelly....I mean Kobe likes them young girls :D

What started out as consensual (I'm like 90% sure based on Kobe reputation) may have become rape...thin line that a jury will have to decide.

20. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Yes Jeff, I'm sure some people remain with their cheating spouses, even if they are not wealthy. But I would bet that the spouse of someone who makes a lot of money is much more likely to forgive their cheating husband or wife. I have not seen any stats on this subject, and I don't know if anyone has done any research, but it would be interesting to see the results of such a study.

It just seems to me it would be much harder to forgive someone who makes minimum wage, then it would be to forgive someone who is a celebrity and a millionaire.

#40 Rip Van Rocket, Jul 19, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2003