1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe Bryant: Imitating greatness (Hakeem Mentioned)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rmoreno, Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmoreno

rmoreno Member

Kobe Bryant is ready to come clean. As the Los Angeles Lakers prepared to defend their NBA championship against the Boston Celtics, their gifted leader confessed he has plagiarized almost everything in his patented basketball portfolio.

"I seriously have stolen all my moves from the greatest players," he admitted.

Watch a highlight reel of Kobe and you will witness Hall of Fame hints of influence sprinkled throughout: the way he freezes defenders and creates space in the mold of Oscar Robertson, or the explosive pull-up jumper he copied from Jerry West, or the post-up shake-and-go he took from Hakeem Olajuwon.

As the odometer on Bryant's body keeps advancing, he recognizes the need to be more effective below the rim. In September 2009, he spent an afternoon with Olajuwon breaking down post moves. He learned it was the subtle shift to either side of the block, or the sudden upfake, that made the Dream so effective. Bryant has incorporated some of Olajuwon's sequences on the block and enjoyed tremendous success with them.

In the late stages of Game 2 of the Western Conference finals against Phoenix, Bryant sealed in the post, caught Phoenix napping with a head fake, and nailed a turnaround jumper that was positively Dream-like. The experts lauded the move as yet another weapon Bryant created for his arsenal.

Yet Kobe knows he stole it from Hakeem.

Cut it down, if you want to read the rest of it here's the link http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playo...st=macmullan_jackie&page=kobefilmstudy-100604

if its been posted lock it

2. HombreDeHierro

I want to see every Dream Shake attempt he did this season...

then I'll determine if he was a good student of the arts :grin:

3. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

This is in the NBA Dish, and I think it fits better there.

4. htownplaya

htownplaya Member

Not really, because it mentions Hakeem.

5. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

But about Kobe Bryant with just a slight mention of Hakeem.

6. blink

blink Contributing Member

does kobe really need two threads? this already has a thread in the NBA forum

7. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

internet police on a mission. how about someone just make another thread on nba dish. i dont really know if people are really cool with just two seperate threads of the same topics in different threads, but it is a suggestion.

8. moligity

moligity Contributing Member

Dream was smooth. You see his moves all over the NBA. Jordan used the Dream Shake, especially later in his career. Best footwork ever. Need to clone him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.