1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe asked to play the whole game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wireonfire, Mar 16, 2008.

1. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Hehe, talking about "I don't care about the streak". :D

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/kobe-bryant-pau-2000081-gasol-houston

Bryant asked Coach Phil Jackson to let him play the entire game Sunday for the first time all season, gearing up to deliver a superhuman performance and halt the second-longest winning streak in NBA history.

But Bryant wasn't super or even his normal human self, and the Houston Rockets pushed their streak to 22 games, beating the Lakers, 104-92. The Lakers surrendered sole possession of first place in the Western Conference to Houston after a 10-day hold on the lead.

After going 16-2 immediately after trading for Gasol, the Lakers have gone 1-3 with difficult games at Dallas and Utah coming up to complete a four-game trip.

"I was really looking forward to playing these four games and playing well and make a point and send a message to the rest of the teams out there," said Gasol, who sprained his ankle Friday. "Unfortunately, this happened."

Bryant took 33 shots, the most field-goal attempts by anyone in a non-overtime game all season, in the Lakers' first full game without Gasol. But the Shane Battier-led Houston defense denied Bryant his favorite spots on the floor, contested everything inside and tired him to the point that his jumper was far too flat.

Bryant made just 11 of those 33 shots, scoring 24 points. He had two assists and no steals. Bryant's plan to play the whole game didn't come to fruition because he came out for the final 53 seconds with the Rockets sure to win.

2. Pest_Ctrl

Pest_Ctrl Member

lolz. Can I say PWNED? :D

3. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

in.his.arrogant.face.

4. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

5. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

that's what i really dislike about him and kg and lebron.

a few games ago i saw lebron hit a tough 3 and when he was running back to the other rim, he was looking for a camera-man. when he finally saw one he gave his best gq smile and winked. i'm happy to say they ended up losing that game.

6. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Pretty obvious how badly he wanted to show the world how much he deserved to be MVP. He guarded Tmac for pretty much the whole game while trying to dominate offensively.

7. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

8. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

At least the guy have a big heart and motivation. Could have been a different story if he had made those shots.

9. kkilli

kkilli Member

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

fixed

11. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Member

The reason he wanted the 48 min is because he was jealous of the press TMac has received for going 48 min twice recently. He wanted to be able to say he had done it also. Notice that when the game was out of reach, he went and sat down. I don't have any respect for his attempt, because it was done for all the wrong reasons.

12. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

I guess you could say that. It seems to me that Rafer, Battier, Hayes, Jackson, Harris, and Scola had more heart and motivation. They were all out on every play. In this game, Kobe didn't have anything on the Rocket's heart.

13. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Did Kobe also ask to suck all game long too?

14. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

Kobe got ...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Its called ballhoggin'n. Especially when you're 11-33.

16. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Thank You SHANE

17. joshbo90

joshbo90 Member

thanks battier for you excellent defense

18. xiudou@cn

xiudou@cn Member

He thought too much.

If any Rocketman think too much about himself, we can't run such a great w streak.

That's the difference.

19. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

20. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

"He is a good defensive player, but my shot was flat," Bryant said.