1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knockout game gaining popularity

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Uprising, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Video: If it doesn't load correctly, click on the play button and the button on the bottom left for full screen.
    <script type='text/javascript' src='http://ktre.images.worldnow.com/interface/js/WNVideo.js?rnd=552711;hostDomain=www.KTRE.com;playerWidth=630;playerHeight=355;isShowIcon=true;clipId=9549529;flvUri=;partnerclipid=;adTag=Video%2520Player;advertisingZone=;enableAds=true;landingPage=;islandingPageoverride=false;playerType=STANDARD_EMBEDDEDscript;controlsType=overlay'></script>

http://www.ktre.com/story/24016917/...art=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=9549529

Disturbing knockout game gaining popularity

If you thought you saw it all with teen flight clubs popping up here in the Valley, think again. A disturbing new trend has already hit several cities including London and New York City - the knockout game, where people punch strangers right in the head to knock them out.

The victims are typically just walking along minding their own business, when they're knocked to the ground. And while local law enforcement said they don't have reports of this here yet, at least one person has already died on the east coast.

"It's just kind of crazy and gross, and I hope it doesn't come to Phoenix," said Corey Shepherd. "I hope it doesn't catch on anywhere else and I think it's just kind of stupid."

People are walking up to complete strangers on the street and trying to knock them out cold with one punch.

"People like to take their anger out on other people so they think it'll make them feel better, but in reality it's hurting innocent people," said Tina Shelstrom.

One man reportedly died after getting hit in New Jersey by a couple of teenage boys. The boys were arrested after getting caught on surveillance tape.

"They're not tying to show their courage, they're trying to show their strength. Watch what I can do, watch what level of damage I can inflict," said psychologist Troy Melendez, who works with teens and adolescents and says this type of behavior is often considered a "right of passage," especially for young men.

"They're now an adult, a man, someone to be reckoned with, someone to be afraid of, and I think our society holds that up as valuable," Melendez said.

He added we are also becoming more and more desensitized to this type of violence.

"Those of us in our 30s, 40s, 50s, we didn't have YouTube, we didn't see this," Melendez said.

2. da_juice

da_juice Member

Lot of ****ed up kids out there.

I can't wait to go back to New Jersey and get the **** punched out of me.

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I can't wait until one of those "random" citizens is a professional fighter of some sort.

Better yet, I hope one of these idiots get shot out of retaliation.

Cowards.

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

man...what is wrong with society that kids now find it funny to KO someone...Its only gonna be a matter of time before someone gets shot...And i do hope those kids get significant time in jail, preferably in an adult prison...Our society has become truly desensitized to violent acts, that its real consequences arent fully understood in real life scenarios...

5. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

they should call it the "im a b****" game

6. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Do you notice the irony of your signature?

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

8. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

/eastcoastliberals

9. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

10. ILoveWhiteGirls

This is honestly one of the most horrific acts of assault I have ever watched. I sure hope this spreads to Houston because it gives me a reason to pull out my Beretta and 187 a motherfocker!

11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

This is pretty much what's going to happen a few times to take the shine off this idiotic act for kids. Punch the wrong dude, end up shot.

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

My senior year at Creek there was a fad of people sucker punching other kids in the halls and running.

Didn't last long, but I don't think anyone ever got caught because our cameras were too crappy to make out faces.

13. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

14. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

That's the thing. These p*****s are punching people they feel are most harmless.

15. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Terrible article...it's not people walking up to strangers and try to knock them out. It's young black punks/thugs catching random white,Jew, Asian people walking alone and try to knock them out with one single punch. These ahole cowards called this game by different names like: polar bear, knock out king, hitter quitter.

I hope these fockers would try that crap here in Texas..I predict there will be a lot of fatalities. Now a days, I'm always packing when I'm out with my family, can't take that chance.

The media should be ashamed of themselves for not covering this story, if the race of the perps were reversed...they would be all over it.

16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I don't care what race it is doing it. It's despicable and just shows the level of morality younger generations have. I'm not old and grew up on the east side of Houston , stuff like this didn't happen even amongst some of the roughest areas in town, and times where it did happen it was for a reason not a freaking game. Just makes me more aware to keep head on a swivel.

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

18. ashiin

ashiin Member

Holy crap when I saw the title I thought it was just a game where people pretended they were knocked out cold in the middle of a street, not blatantly assault somebody. I hope they go for the wrong person and somebody throws them into a bus or something.

19. rudan

rudan Member

If anyone shoots one of these animals, they will be arrested on hate crime charges :rolleyes:

20. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member