1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks to Carmelo Anthony "Pick Your Teammates in 2015"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mr. 13 in 33, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Progs

Progs Member

2015 that far away bruh im ready for this season for the Rockets.

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Stoudemire was supposed to not be useless. I don't think Melo is selfish by nature. I just don't think he passes very well. He needs to play with another great player that controls the ball. Melo actually toned down his game quite a bit for both Billups and Iverson, so I know he is willing. Again, I don't think he's perfect and he has plenty of flaws. However, I think he gets trashed more than he deserves just because people don't personally like him.

3. afk

afk Member

What I wonder the most is... where will Tyson Chandler and Amare will go?

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Amare is done. This is his last big contract. Chandler may stick around.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Disagree. Melo is VERY selfish by nature and it took being on an Olympic team with players he must respect to make him play unselfishly. If he would move without the ball in the NBA the same way he did in the 2008 Olympics, Melo would go to another level.

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Short of Lebron, that 2015 class of Marc and Rondo probably suit Melo really well, Marc's a relatively low usage guy, and Rondo's pass first style suits Melo's shoot only style better than anyone.

7. da_juice

da_juice Member

Yep, Rondo would be the perfect non-CP3 point guard for Chandler too. If the Knicks could get a 3 and d small forward, and keep Shumpert they'd have a pretty nice lineup.

But, knowing the Knicks they'll let Chandler go trying to get Gasol, resign JR Smith and Felton, and watch as Rondo gets traded elsewhere.

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

It's a superstar's market. The gm/owner has to bow down. Great move by NY.

9. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

lol cz lebrons undefeated in the finals

10. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

It basically took a Coach K and a ton of huge NBA stars to instill national pride in him to play the way he did during the olympics. Hes an amazing player, but if his passing game is on, the team does play much better. Unfortunately, a george karl and the nuggest lineup wasnt enough. And for sure the knicks staff and players aren't either. Asking melo to pick players might change him, but I get the feeling he might still play with 20-30 shots a game.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

The problem here is at the end of the day Melo's a guy who takes a ton of shots but doesn't convert at a good rate. He gets a superstar rep because of his immense talent and his chucking, but at the end of the day unless he changes his style of play any team that has him in a major role is doomed to failure.

All these guys saying Melo needs to have a system built for him is missing the point, he's just straight up inferior to other superstar players. Any star would benefit from having a system built for them, guys like KD or LBJ would appreciate having 4 other guys who are elite defensively. The difference is KD or LBJ can also adapt and play nice with other superstar players, Melo can't do that, because unless he takes like 30 shots a game he won't get his game average of 20ppg.

12. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I don't get this. Is Melo now an inefficient scorer?

13. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

LOL.....who would choose to play with Melo though? Especially since he's not like Wade. No way he'd take a back seat and let someone else be the alpha dog. Lin has 2 good weeks and he started getting pissy.

14. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

15. Raven

Raven Member

Marshmallow has played over 700 regular season games during his 11 season career, and has averaged 22 shots per game over this time.

22 shots per game.

He's not going to change, just like Kobe isn't going to change. This is why he won't come to LA unless the Lakers kick Kobe to the curb. Not enough shots to go around. Nor do I think he'd be eager to share the ball with Harden.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Just like LeBron, Wade and Bosh, Melo has finished 10 years in the NBA. He watched Wade get a ring in 2006 and all of them win the last 2 championships. He got a max rookie extension from the Nuggets and a $20MM/year mega-deal from the Knicks.

It's understandable Melo would reflect on his remaining time. I think the Knicks will end up buying him back because he won't resist another $25-30MM/year contract to finish his career. If he leaves NY, it will be to join LeBron in Miami.

17. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Scary thought.

18. da_juice

da_juice Member

Oh man. LeBron running the point, and Melo at the 4 would be nuts

19. PatBeverleyFan

Be ready for the new Knicks after Melo leaves.

[​IMG]

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LOL wut?