1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

There's absolutely no chance Morey caves. TA is too important to the team and beyond that very close with both Chris and James.

Bobsputin likes this.
  2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

While you very well may be right, and I would agree with you at this moment, hypothetically as time went by and it got to the point where it would appear either Houston has to include Ariza or Melo expands his list and ends up in an OKC or Portland or Cleveland, you don't think Harden and CP3 would look the other way and let Morey do Morey?
    I don't think Morey would do it if it meant losing EG or Clint; but it's pretty evident Ariza is the most expendable and replaceable of those three with the addition of Tucker and Luc.

3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I'm thinking (and hoping) Melo has decided to stay put in NY and maybe this trade can be revisited in December.

I strongly believe that trade talks are completely dead between the two sides; anyone saying otherwise with 'inside information' I would think is BSing. As complicated as some trades can be, they wouldn't take this long. In fact enough time has passed where the two sides could have went over EVERY possible option involving the whole league.

4. ricky-retardo

ricky-retardo Contributing Member

I strongly believe that you do not know what you are talking about. The only info you have is pure speculation.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

he will push his Melo isn't coming to Houston narrative to his very last breath

J_Hunter_1977 likes this.
  6. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

Who is it? That Joshua clown again? I can't see cause I have him on ignore.

7. ricky-retardo

Zoplicone

8. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Haha. Yes we pretty much said the same thing. I clearly wrote "IIIII strongly believe...", "I THINK..." to make it clear that its my opinion which is obviously speculation seeing I don't claim to have any sources. And you said what I said was speculation. You just said it like a dick.

9. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

The part where I said in December it could happen.......NAAAHHHHHHH

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You were probably saying this when we didn't have a joint CP3-Melo "Welcome to Houston" press conference.

11. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

No I do believe Morey tried enough times, but I doubt either GM is still spending time on this. They have to move on and continue working on their team.
    I mean there is a video of two of their key players working out with Melo! Am I claiming that means he's definitely staying there? No, I don't know how much should be read into that. But I, and I can't emphasize the I part enough, would say that holds a little more weight that a Potato Head or a posters message.

12. rockets13champs

This is what happens in dead NBA news season

13. ricky-retardo

Maybe because you have said the same thing over and over. You also made sure to point out that you don't believe any insiders information and they are BSing. Maybe read what you write before mentioning that someone else is acting like a dick. Just a thought.

Richie_Rich and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  14. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

But I do think insider info gets too amped up on here only when it seems like positive news for the Rockets, while any indications against the trade happening like a video or the thought that NY will not talk if the trade is centered around a Ryno contract is just mercilessly shut down.

Also I do think you said it like a dick but no harm done, I was just pointing out that we were saying the same thing in different ways.

Lastly, did you guys know there is a Super Troopers 2 coming out next year?

15. ricky-retardo

Super Troopers 2 would be something that I would appreciate.

16. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

I wouldn't be picking on Zoplicone unless you want a stern talking to about how he will not be picked on

Zoplicone and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  17. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

Yeah I have him on ignore too lol.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

it was Zoplicone, our resident Melo isn't coming to Houston expert, here to tell us yet again that talks are dead because the trade is taking too long

Joshua went ghost after @DonKnock ethered him lol

DonKnock and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  19. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

Can we ether all of them?

DonKnock, BHannes2BHonest and Reeko like this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member

And the million other times that u stated that Melo isn't coming here? Now talks are completely dead huh?