1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Oh wow. I never knew he had a no trade clause. Go sigh yourself ..haha
    Seriously, do you think that means they have to trade him for assets that put them in a worst position?
    No it just means they can't trade him to whomever they choose. He has to choose the team. But they don't have to agree...you get that right? A NTC doesn't allow you to pull the trade off yourself.

If Ryno only had 2 years remaining on his contract, and we had a 1st round pick next year, then MAYBE it would have happened. But we don't. Deal with it

2. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

--
    Ok, I appreciate the evidence/reasoning. Let me consider. Good night.

3. RocketStan

RocketStan Member

If Carmelo was really as disgruntled as we think, he'd consider other teams. Melo can't hold an NBA team hostage and force them to take a deal that is detrimental to their organization. I mean he can, but the Knicks can just refuse. Which is what they're doing. Knicks are committed to not take a losing hand in this situation, and I can't blame them. It sucks after all the hype but time to come back to reality.

4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Paul George - disgruntled star - traded for absolutely NOTHING because his team wanted him gone. (Feel free to take a stab at what those reasons are)

As another poster who comprehends the ins and outs of these things mentioned, neither of those players had a.... nevermind.

You're failing to understand I never once suggested the Knicks have to accept a trade for Ryan Anderson. So this 'point' you keep trying to hammer home is really only to make yourself feel better about your futile 'argument'.

"your theory about hurt image will never trump a crappy package" - yet here we are.... with 50% of the scenarios you used in your post involving a crappy package being accepted to ensure an organisation appeased it's player and steered clear of a negative image.

Some people clearly just don't understand these things..

5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Looks like you got it down.

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Tuesday

Five Forty Five.

7. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

With Irving out of the way, our leverage has once again improved! I'm stoked about him having been dealt to Boston because I always felt that they never let go of the hope that Irving would join them in New York. They can forget it now that he's gone. I wouldn't be surprised if trade talks soon got serious again.

#7167 jevjnd, Aug 22, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  8. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Yep I got a feeling Melo looks at Clevland with strong interest now. If they get Melo in Clevland I also doubt Chris Paul stays in Houston after this season. Melo is not going to wait it out for Houston to figure out a package that will help Mills sleep at night if Clevland has something that's ready to go at this point. Time to move on folks. Lebron is also not going to go anywhere. He's retiring a Cav.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

yeah, players are running **** now

plus, Melo always wins

-he wanted NY to deplete its assets and trade for him back in 2011 so that he could sign a max enxtension when the Knicks could've just waited for him to become a free agent in a couple of months
    -he wanted D'antoni gone and won that battle
    -he got a NTC and a 15% trade kicker from the Knicks (only other players that had one last year were Bron and Dirk)

the Knicks have a history of giving Melo what he wants, and now he wants Houston

10. carib

carib Member

If Melo was to go to Cleveland what will the Knicks take back, the precious Nets 2018 pick. I would be surprised Cleveland who now has both Lebron and Thomas becoming free agents next year trade the possible high pick for an aging star who can probably opt in for a big pay in 2018. I think that pick is important to Cleveland because they don't know if they can keep both Lebron and Thomas and at least they maybe able to draft someone not too expensive that they can build around. I agree with Ben Dubose I don't think the Kyrie Irving trade really alters the Melo situation that much. Cleveland trading for Melo and ending up with 3 stars being free agents next year is a huge gamble and serious puts them at risk of ending up with nothing in 2018 or a huge payroll. That Nets 2018 pick was huge and ensured that Cleveland pulled the trigger on the trade with the Celtics. I don't want to speculate about Lebron leaving, we just won't know till next year.
    I think Melo going to Knicks training camp might create a lot of media attention given sports analyst knows he wants to be traded. I expect Melo to be a professional but trade speculation of star going into the season can be a distraction and playing with a guy who does not want to be on the team can also be a distraction because of the media (it's New York) despite this the Knicks have to try and get something palatable for him. A straight up trade for Ryan Anderson does not make sense lets hope Portland or some third team shows up. If you are the Knicks you are in no hurry to get things done in August unless you are worried a third team might back out if you wait too long.

DonKnock and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  11. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

Sorry. I was being sarcastic. Lol.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

For those saying that Melo will now be really enticed by Cleveland, can u tell me why? They swapped Kyrie with IT, and I'm willing to bet that players around the league think more highly of Kyrie. They added Crowder who is a nice role player, and they do have that BK pick, but nobody knows if they'll use it to upgrade the team. Lebron is still non-commital as far as we know. So why?

13. carib

carib Member

Sorry dude did not realize it. Lol

J_Hunter_1977 likes this.
  14. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

Yeah Ben made some great points on the situation.

15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Is Melo still coming to Houston at 500 pages???

16. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

No. At 450 now.

jevjnd and Tfor3 like this.
  17. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Quinncy not getting banned is mere speculation that he has made up hoping to continue his bleepposting like it were absolute truth.
    Quinncy is a cancer, it's another tidbit that this delusional troll avoids considering to satisfy himself that what he is doing is funny.

Stop posting

J_Hunter_1977 likes this.
  18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

But Mathr. said 500 .....so who is right?

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  19. Coach E

Coach E Member

It will be interesting to see if the trade talks heat up now.

The Kyrie Clog is gone. Camp is getting closer.
    Pressure swung one way or another.

Either Daryl feels like he needs to move now to get him before melo opens his options back to the cavs.

Or

NY is now bummed about not getting Kyrie and will go head and start the rebuild.

RocketsFanBrian likes this.
  20. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

The Knicks don't want Love.

Cleveland has no one else to trade that they could get salaries to match