1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. bawanyh

bawanyh Member

looks like it might go beyond 500 before we land melo

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Not even close. Rooks is so fine. Morales is okay.

Fulgore and eric.81 like this.
  3. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I can't wait to wear hoodies to the Toyota Center to empower Melo. :rolleyes:

4. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Agree TR is 100% fine, but dude.. don't disrespect Daddario like that.

5. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Morales gets me in that she could sit and out-talk me in Astros, love me a girl who loves sports, especially my teams.

mikol13 likes this.
  6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Eggball Texans SUCK!!

7. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

*Rubs bridge of nose*
    Julia Morales is for the astros.. that is baseball.. with a ball shaped exactly like a basketball. Still don't understand why you have to act like this. You don't like football, I get it.. I'm not gonna bash the rockets or basketball to argue with you.. Because I like the Rockets too. Please just move on to something else and leave me alone.

8. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

This is the garm...

I appreciate all these posts to help us haul ass to 500 but you and your friend need to take your texans debates to the texans forum.

------>

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

No pics with Carmelo in a hoodie?

You all disappoint me.

10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Just ignore it. That poster is one of those extremely unsavory individuals who likes to talk a lot of crap about things they have absolutely zero knowledge of. Heck, that individual doesn't even discuss basketball most of the time, a sports they are supposed to be a fan of.

houstonstime likes this.
  11. chenjy9

Supporting Member

It's a Melo "thread"... who really cares if someone is talking about Melo. We will either get him or we won't. Everything else has already been discussed in ad nauseam.

12. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

To clarify the Wade tweet: First off, we're likely months away from CHI buying him out, and odds are, other teams will be offering more money, more minutes and/or a more defined role. So it's definitely a longshot, and purely hypothetical at this point. That said, if HOU appears to be the only team with even a chance of taking down GSW, and it also has one or two (CP3, and likely Melo) of his very close friends, he'd certainly give it consideration.

That said, IF we eventually get to that situation... I think conventional narratives are flawed. I've seen a lot of folks speculating that adding Wade could make Gordon expendable in a deal for Melo (if not completed beforehand) or for someone else, based on premise of same position, etc. My hunch is that it would make either Tucker or Ariza available more than it would Gordon. EG is younger, signed for longer, has an essential skill (3-point shooting) for D'Antoni's offense... and MDA has shown time and time again that he's not afraid to play 3 or even 4 guards at a time. Just think of how Harden, Bev, Lou, EG all averaged 25+ mpg in the playoffs. They could make it work with CP3, Harden, EG, Wade. That said, minutes for Wade would obviously have to come from somewhere... so to me, the easiest source would be one of those bodies at SF. Considering you now have Mbah a Moute in the mix to offset some of the defensive loss, and also the uncertainty of what happens with Ariza next summer when his deal expires (hard cap could be an issue there)... it's interesting to think about. Long way away, ton of variables, etc. But very interesting.

13. Daddy Long Legs

So whats the game plan for our goal of reaching 500?

@DrexlerFan come talk shid

14. bawanyh

bawanyh Member

If you can some how guaranty that once we reach 500 melo will be a rocket then I am on board for 500 pages..lol

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  15. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Just let conversations go wherever they are taken and eventually we will reach that worthless number. Who cares if a Melo thread is off topic? It's not like there is anything on topic about the topic that is worth talking about.

16. Daddy Long Legs

[​IMG]

Whats your favorite final fantasy game btw?
    Read any of the dark tower series?

17. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I don't have any sentimental attachments to thread post counts.

FF4, followed at a distant by FF9 and then FF7.

18. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Agreed. Rooks is top notch. Morales is just an average chick.

19. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Hot take

20. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Remember when they called Melo selfish and a bad teammates and a cancer and all that.

Well he won the Knicks teammate of the year award.

Ariza won for the Rockets also Rondo for the Bulls, Howard for the Hawks.

So is the bad teammate stigma just something the media plays up and fans follow because 3 "Known" bad teammates just got voted teammate of the year.