1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

From Feigen:
    http://www.chron.com/sports/rockets...nthony-deal-11283850.php?cmpid=twitter-mobile

Relevant part:

DonKnock, Tfor3, RyanB and 3 others like this.
  2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Eh. If it was straight-up trade with the Rockets, I'd agree. But the more teams that are a part of the deal, the greater a sense of urgency there is, IMO. Because one transaction unrelated to either HOU or NY could collapse the entire structure.

If indeed there's a committed third team at the moment to take Ryno, I think both the Rockets and Knicks have a clear benefit to getting this done ASAP.

No Chance, Red.Glare, TMac'n and 9 others like this.
  3. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

So once this trade is finally done. Is Morey gonna push for the buyout of wade some how?

4. justtxyank

Right. Suddenly a free agent wants to sign there or some other team jumps in to offer a 2nd for something...there's plenty of things that can screw up a deal for you. The more teams involved the easier it is for it to fail.

malakas and The Cat like this.
  5. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Every time Morey tweets something casual - I can only picture him poolside in his Burt Steele get up surrounded by empty silver bullets.

I want a non-stop Moneyball Trade scene until this deal is done.

6. justtxyank

Wade buyout is unlikely. He opted in for this last year knowing the Bulls would be terrible and he was honest about why. He gave up money for years in Miami, he wants every dollar now. People close to the Bulls have said no buyout is likely because Wade has indicated he won't give up enough to make it worthwhile.

Tha_Dude, No Chance and Nook like this.
  7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Sure, that makes sense.

But the real hold up will always be the knicks. They'll never get a deal they really ultimately like... because they have no leverage... so it's just a matter of them deciding when they've gotten a deal they can stomach... and then stomaching it. I don't really see a lot changing in terms of the offers they've gotten to date

It's hard for me to imagine Melo playing on the Knicks next year...

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  8. bratna8

bratna8 Member

That was before the banana boat reunion schedule :cool:

9. justtxyank

The report right now is that the Knicks are on board for a deal. There's one contract involved that they are not willing to accept so we need a 4th team to take that deal. It's not about the Knicks anymore.

10. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

When Morey receives the text that the teams have accepted the offer...

[​IMG]

justtxyank and Snow Villiers like this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

Not even sure the Rockets really want Wade that bad.

He doesn't shoot well from the perimeter and he didn't play that well in the second half of last year.... he also blew off practices and wasn't really had his work ethic in Chicago questioned.

Anything is possible, but I would be shocked if Wade doesn't start the year in Chicago. That organization isn't going to pay him close to his full salary to go away, and he wants close to his full salary.

I am sure if Wade were bought out and reached out to the Rockets, they would make space for him... but I don't think he is a priority.

justtxyank likes this.
  12. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Me...
    [​IMG]

RudyTBag likes this.
  13. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

14. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

[​IMG]

15. justtxyank

sources say (right @The Cat ) that Melo has been looking at Houston since April. We know Paul and Harden were putting this team together before free agency. They are all friends. Wade knows what's up. Wade wants to get paid. Not to mention that even adding Wade to Houston or Cleveland doesn't make them a favorite to win a ring. He'd be giving up money to go play for a team that probably loses anyway.

In Houston I'm not even sure he'd get significant minutes. We wouldn't give him minutes over Gordon probably.

The Cat likes this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

Jesus that is exactly what Morey would look like if he had a serious substance abuse problem.

Snow Villiers likes this.
  17. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Voting is before the playoffs though...

18. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

How about nice fresh House Salad instead breh? :p

19. Nook

Nook Member

If he is bought out, my guess would be that he would go back to Miami.

20. justtxyank

Totally agree with this.

Eric Gordon is a much better fit for this team than Wade. Wade would be our 4th best guard if he came here. He's not giving up a lot of money for that role. The Bulls have made it clear publicly that they won't buyout Wade unless he gives back enough salary to make it worth it for them and he's made it clear he won't.

Of course everything can change, but I doubt he'd come here. If he did decide on a buyout he'd probably go somewhere else.