1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I've been thinking a lot about this lately. I've been very "Melo or bust" until recently when I came back to reality and was reminded that we added CP3 to a 55 win team. Obviously we all want Melo instead, but Ryno will fill an important role on the team if he remains here.

3. rocketseagles07

And provide better spacing. Don't get me wrong I want melo, mainly because of the playoffs and defenses getting tougher. But we don't NEED HIM

Also, all you guys saying, "the Knicks should just take their L" stop. Yes they shouldn't expect some great return or be delusional, but you wouldn't be thinking that way if it was us in this situation.

KlutchQT likes this.
  4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

He's Chinese and we don't know how much potential the Rockets think he has.

If Zhou is viewed as just a lowly 2nd round draft choice by teams as you say, I'm sure the Knicks will take no for an answer very easily.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

The role of "good but inconsistent regular season player who ***** the bed come playoffs" is indeed an important role.

6. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Melo is ready!

I'm ready!

The Rockets are ready!

The Knicks..not so much...

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  7. rockets13champs

October can't come sooner!

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  8. bawanyh

bawanyh Member

You are right but I think we should give ryno a little break. I don't think he is ever been in playoffs and when he did with rockets last year he got scared. didn't know what to do when he got the ball in his hands. I think he was shaking to when he got the ball...lol

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

He has been in the playoffs 5 times. It would be pretty pathetic if he got shook like that which I don't think was the case. He's just too 1-dimensional, and those kind of players tend to get exposed in the playoffs. His shooting at home is a problem and is inexcusable if u ask me when we're paying him so much money. You literally can't count on him to produce offensively at Toyota Center. He goes from Ray Allen on the road to Tony Allen at home.

AXG likes this.
  10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This is a narrow view, but yes, he had a very poor playoffs. Will need to improve that next year for sure, though he'll also be relied on less with PJ and Luc on the team.

11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

We also added Tucker, Moute, and Black, all of which were significantly better than Dekker and Trez.

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

He's been in the playoffs before.

In 35 career playoff games he's shot 36% from the field and 32% from the 3. Totals of 7ppg and 4rpg. So I don't think it's reasonable to expect him to suddenly be a better playoff performer next year. The problem is that he's a one-dimensional player, and when a team has time to prepare for him (in a 7 game series for example) he can be shut down and become entirely worthless.

13. bawanyh

bawanyh Member

I hear you. You are right. when I saw him play in playoffs I was thinking there is something going on in his personal life which is effecting his game. I thought mentally he is somewhere else and he is only here physically...

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

He's always been poor in the playoffs and will continue to be. That's just what happens to someone who's one-dimensional game can be easily taken out in a 7 game series.

I'd take him as a backup PF. But as a starter? Nah. No thanks. I'd rather start Tucker in the playoffs.

15. bawanyh

bawanyh Member

absolutely correct. you think maybe if knicks take him(I know they wont) but just imagine if they do then the change of environment might make him better? maybe sometimes some place just doesn't work for you.

16. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::oops::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Right. I think he'll be improved in a lesser role with less responsibility. Tucker will be the guy who finishes the games.

Still want Melo though.

Haymitch likes this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Honestly, I think that he's just too easy to defend in the playoffs, and combining that with the fact that he won't make a shot at home regardless of if he's wide open or not, doesn't rebound, and doesn't defend led to him being subpar in the postseason.

He can't create his own shot, so all he was doing offensively is spotting up from three or taking 2-3 dribbles to try his 1-legged Dirk fadeaway. Whatever post game he may have isn't utilized here. Defenses can handle him easily.

19. bawanyh

bawanyh Member

Thats true because any team playing it easy and letting it slide in regular season, once those teams get to playoffs they become more cautious and more aggressive and more focused. cuz there performance and their reputation is on the line for them players to shine. With ryno I think it is the other way around..lol

Reeko likes this.
  20. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Anderson actually can create shots. His fadeaway from midrange was money whenever he actually used it last season. Problem is though, he is usually camped 30+ ft out and therefore didn't really ever use it.