1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Like we all thought, SCOTT PERRY holding everything up. His hire killed the deal and now we just sit around waiting.

DonKnock and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  2. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Ryno would be great with the Bucks. They need shooters bad.

Deuce, Dgn1, DonKnock and 1 other person like this.
  3. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Trying to hold on to their big free agent grab for as long as possible. Melo might be the last one they nabbed in while. Who is ever going to want to go to that **** show. (Excluding home town Kyrie of course)

J_Hunter_1977 likes this.
  4. carib

carib Member

The Knicks are in a dicey situation. If they don't trade Melo and he returns as a true professional player, they will have a star player forced to stay on a team that everyone knows he wants to leave. With or without Melo the Knicks are not likely to make the playoffs anyway. The key is the impact it would have on Porzingis who the Knicks want to build the team around. Do they want him to be taking note of the issues a star player and the FO are having all season and how will the unhappiness during the season impact his decision when he becomes a free agent down the road. Melo may not try force his demands through the media and make things messy in order to facilitate an amicable divorce, but if he an Porzingis communicate regularly during the season whose side is Porzingis going to take, a quiet but miserable Melo or the FO. If Porzingis is smart he should keep his opinion out of the media until he hits free agency.

5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I like how this thread eventually prevails over the other newer threads

DonKnock, 1Deep, lkrockets and 3 others like this.
  6. KrisD

KrisD Member

Looks like Harden is using the summer to ease back into the SG role.

Dgn1 and DonKnock like this.
  7. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

You can say that as much as you want, but that's the cost of executing a NTC in his contract. You have to pay to play- they made that decision, they ran his value down, they made poor mgmt hiring decisions and now they don't want to pay for all of that???

They will never attract a superstar ever again if they hold him hostage. Yes, refusing to trade him IS holding him hostage no matter how you justify it as "business".

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

So much drama.

The Lakers refused Kobe's trade demand.

The Knicks won't attract a superstar free agent as long as they are a crapfest. Once (if) they aren't a crapfest anymore they'll be able to get a free agent again. Everyone saying they'll never get a free agent if they hold Melo hostage are being "melodramatic." Will it piss of Melo's agent? Yes. Will it ultimately matter five years from now if the Knicks are good and have money to spend? Nope.

Artie_Fufkin and J.R. like this.
  10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

If I'm being dramatic then you are WAY on the other side- arrogantly dismissive of the PR fallout of holding him hostage (and dismissive of the cost of a NTC)

11. justtxyank

Nope. I totally agree there will be a PR problem. I just dismiss entirely that it will doom them FOREVER like you said. The Knicks have been a joke for over a decade now. The only reason Melo wanted to go there in the first place was because he didn't give two poops about winning and just wanted to be in NY. If they ever get back on a winning track they won't have issues with free agency because years earlier they wouldn't make a bad Carmelo Anthony deal.

rocketseagles07 and J.R. like this.
  12. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Wtf is Ramona on about? so dumb.

Deuce, DonKnock and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I agree. It's entertaining to listen to everyone's theories though. If some of these people put as much thought into writing fiction they could probably come up with some good stuff.

justtxyank likes this.
  14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I disagree. The issue will loom for as long as you have the same owner and or new mgmt staying in place. We all know I never said forever and you must know that I meant "never attract a star ever again" as long as they have the current owner and or MGMT.

You are dismissive of the cost of a NTC- including adding salary for 3 years like u said.

15. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Im not sold that keeping melo is a smart decision....

I think this is typical petty and dysfunctional knicks honestly

1Deep and Tfor3 like this.
  16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I would let that chick sit on my face until Melo was traded if it meant the Rockets beat the Warriors and win a championship this year.

Dgn1, macan, roro12 and 6 others like this.
  17. justtxyank

Like I said, Kobe demanded a trade, the Lakers refused, everyone moved on.

They will have issues as long as Dolan is the owner for sure, but it will be because players are convinced he can't build a winner, not because he refused to trade Melo.

You guys with this "cost of a NTC" are killing me. The cost of a NTC is that if MAKE A TRADE you have to trade him where he approves. A NTC doesn't give a player the ability to demand a trade and force you to comply though. Plenty of players have asked for trades and been refused.

I'm not saying there wouldn't be any negative consequences, just that they are being overstated by people who are trying to rationalize why the Knicks should make a bad trade.

rocketseagles07 and ElPigto like this.
  18. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Dgn1, DonKnock and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  19. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I want to compliment your new avatar lol. You arent in no mans land anymore

Reeko likes this.
  20. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member