1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Definitely :cool:

2. nemac

nemac Member

I'm also gonna throw it out there since it hasn't been mentioned, but FF Tactics was actually pretty fun on GBA. Not in same realm but still fun. I've played or seen to varying degrees FF 5,6,7,8,9,10 but 7 is most memorable as it was gripping from the start, had story great level design, musical score etc. Best game of all time though?? ZOOT!

Oops, we've gone off topic. We got Carmelo yet!!!!?

HakeemOnlyFan and justtxyank like this.
  3. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

I liked that one too but I think final fantasy 10 was mine...but might have been how I got it and that I got to play it over an entire summer with no interruptions lol

Snow Villiers likes this.
  4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Yeah I know it's slow but create a Final Fantasy thread FFS

Nook likes this.
  5. CCorn

CCorn Member

Any Russian insider hackers hack any members accounts since
    I went to sleep?

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Haha I went to slee and missed the final fantasy conversation!

Didn't mean to derail was just addressing the question.

The graphics aren't great obviously on FF6 since it was made for snes but the story is the best. Get he emulator and go to ff6hacking.net you can get all kinds of amazing things to add

7. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

LOZ Rules!!!

8. rockets13champs

It's fake I have him on tweet notifications

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/newyork/play?id=20187191

Knicks won't have the best package because there are people in the front office that don't want to mortgage the future for Kyrie Irving. Knicks don't want to include Kristaps at the moment. Carmelo, as of earlier this week, is dead set on Houston. Houston is his top choice. He's not ready to consider going to Cleveland without Kyrie Irving. Knicks would struggle to put together an offer here.

LeBron in Houston in 2018?

Carmelo in Cleveland, he can change his mind & say yes, I'm seriously open to Cleveland, forget about Houston. Earlier this week, there were a couple of factors at play in Cleveland: if LeBron leaves next year & he gets traded there this year, he would have to opt out the final year of his contract if wanted to go join LeBron, Chris & whoever else in another city. That means opting out of $28M. That's leaving a lot of money on the table. The other thing is, you're going to a Cavs team without Kyrie Irving. You're going to a Cavs team with Kevin Love. It could still be really good & get through the East but that's a very different team without Kyrie & makes it less attractive. That Houston scenario makes sense. Chris, LeBron & Carmelo want to play together. So does Dwyane Wade. If you have Chris & Carmelo in the same city already, seems like a logical destination to me for LeBron to end up there if Daryl Morey can somehow create enough cap space to bring in LeBron James. Seems like that would be something we're talking about for months if Carmelo ends up in Houston.

Calebhardin9, Bids9, Deuce and 13 others like this.
  10. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I declare myself a insider:

Jontro and justtxyank like this.
  11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

That would be the worlds greatest GM maneuver there if Morey found a way to manipulate the salary cap and sign or trade for Lebron this Summer after trading for Melo.

I just don't see it without trading Harden but maybe a crazy bored cap expert is willing to tackle a roadmap to Lebron so I don't have to .

joshuaao, D-rock and justtxyank like this.
  12. CCorn

CCorn Member

It's quite simple.

They pay lebron under the table.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Still off-topic and I apologize to everyone else, but: FF Tactics is currently on sale for Android and iOS, until August 8th.

To go back to topic: Friday over and no news, whyyy pounder.

justtxyank likes this.
  14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I would see Dwayne Wade in Houston this season in a buyout before imagining LeBron in a Houston uniform.

We shouldn't go too far off the rails here. Carmelo is still a Knick. Kyrie threw a wrench into everything probably; the Knicks want that star but without yielding Porzingis won't get Irving the Flat Earther.

This reminds me a little of the Charles Barkley summer, but that was before I had changed my middle name to F5. All of a sudden in August it became reality.

15. Coach E

Coach E Member

1. Morly already best GM
    2.lebron said he isn't waiving his no trade clause this year.

D-rock likes this.
  16. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

Liked for the middle name being f5 bit. Solid.

17. Sajan

Sajan Member

So we had a bunch of scrubs including Kevin Martin a few years ago.
    Then we got Harden.
    Then Harden + Dwight
    Now Harden + Chris Paul
    Possibly Harden + Paul + Melo
    Now you are saying Harden + Paul + Melo + Wade
    AND maybe..just maybe Harden + Paul + Melo + Wade + Lebron.

LOLOL. wait. we are serious. hmm.

Patience, joshuaao, amaru and 7 others like this.
  18. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

What do we have to offer Wade once a Melo trade goes down? MLE? BAE?

Once you assemble that 4 seems like Lebron would be enticed to join. Moving Gordon and Ariza gets you close maybe Lebron takes a paycut just to stick it to Gs

19. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

20. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

In general, I don't think a Ryno for Melo swap makes us significantly better - we'd still be a step behind GSW, and I truly think Ryno is a perfect fit at PF for the team as currently constructed. So, in general, I'm indifferent to a Ryno/Melo trade being finalized, other than to clean up the GARM.

However, IF you feel you even have a 50/50 shot at adding Lebron in 2018, I feel like you ultimately have to be willing to tag a nice asset like Capela to Ryno to acquire Melo. You could take back a player like O'Quinn to at least help out at Center for 2017, remain extremely competitive and likely the 2nd best team in the NBA (Melo + O'Quinn isn't a sharp drop from Capela + Ryno), and put yourself in a great position to go after Lebron. Won't you need to renounce Capela's rights anyway if looking to acquire Lebron?

I understand Houston has all of the leverage, but as we've seen with the Kyrie request, things can change very quickly in the NBA. I'd rather just lock in the deal now, understand you aren't "winning" it, but with the knowledge that you could be creating the foundation for 1 of the best cores in NBA history.

BoneYardDog likes this.