1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks ready to scapegoat Woodson and chase Kevin Love

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mr. 13 in 33, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

In fairness, I think he felt that he + Amare + that glamorous stage would lure in additional talent. Players are not really known for understanding the ins and outs of the CBA or understanding how important a good front office is in building a contender.

2. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Member

Morey screw up Knicks big time with that poison pill. Otherwise Lin could give Knicks a lift, given how much he improved this season.

All Knicks has now is fat Felton...

3. DL24

DL24 Member

Knicks experienced a different kind of linsanity after Lin left them for dead =)

4. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Nah, Lin didn't fit with Melo. Melo needs the ball in his hands to be effective and is a clog. Lin needs open lanes and 3 pt shooters/PnRers.

The Knicks need more defensive weapons around Melo like the 6ers did w/ AI the year they went to the finals. Melo AT MOST needs 1 more shot creator (Jr Smith), instead the Knicks loaded up a bunch of chuckers w/ 0 D around Melo, when is already that, but much better at it.

5. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Melo to the Lakers would be awesome. Id pass on him straight up.

6. faraza84

faraza84 Member

Amare has been calling out jr smith and melo for not moving the ball and melo shot back saying they needed to play defense. This team is falling apart fast. Woodson needs to go and then they have to get rid of amare ASAP even if that means including chandler and shumpert and a pick because they are gonna bad if melo leaves over summer.

7. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

8. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

The Kevin Love bucket list.

#6794 - tribal tattoo on tip of penis

#8964 - have sleepover with Jerry Sandusky

#13453 - get handjob from Edward Scissorhands

#16043 - become a Mormon

#5634503 - play for New York Knicks

1 person likes this.
  9. Aleron

Aleron Member

Melo is best used as a small ball power forward, and Kevin Love is really a PF only player.

Yeah NY....

10. underrated015

underrated015 Member

They need to get rid of amare. His contract is holding them back. Get him to retire so his salary doesn't affect their cap.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mike Woodson shows his leadership, has not lost Knicks locker room

In separate post-game interviews, both Shumpert and Stoudemire said the lack of ball movement is what hurt the Knicks.

That is usually basketball code for “Melo won’t pass.” Woodson and Anthony seemed to take it that way, and the head coach wasn’t about to allow finger-pointing to invade his locker room.

According to a source, Woodson actually played MSG Network’s tape of Shumpert’s and Stoudemire’s comments and told his team, “If you have a problem with anyone, say it to their face, not the media.”

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Jeff Van Gundy back to the Knicks? :grin:

The Post has also learned that if Dolan eventually makes a move, old enemy and ex-Knicks coach Jeff Van Gundy would not be ruled out as a future candidate — though such a hire seems more sensible in the offseason if Dolan goes with an interim coach.

Van Gundy and Dolan were not on speaking terms for the longest time after Van Gundy abruptly quit early in the 2001-02 season. The two exchanged pleasantries at the Garden last season before Van Gundy broadcasted a game for ABC. Van Gundy will be back at the Garden Dec. 11, working the Knicks-Bulls game.

New president Steve Mills worked with Van Gundy for two-plus seasons in his first stint with the Knicks when his title was executive vice president of franchise operations. They got along well.

According to a league source, one issue could be Van Gundy wanting input in personnel decisions in his next job.

A Van Gundy return would also set up the possibility of Bobcats assistant Patrick Ewing coming back as his associate coach. Dolan and Ewing repaired their broken relationship last season when Ewing worked for MSG Network periodically.

Van Gundy likely would be interested in the Knicks position. In late June, Van Gundy gave a massive mea culpa for quitting on Dolan — remarks that appeared to sit well with Dolan and may have served as an olive branch.

On ESPN Radio, Van Gundy called it “a stupid decision’’ to quit.

“It’s something I regret to this day,’’ Van Gundy said. “I live with it every day and I regret it. And I let my emotions come into it. And I was just emotionally spent. I made a bad decision and I quit….I had a great job with the Knicks.’’

One coach who once worked with Van Gundy said the former Knicks/Rockets coach has never desired taking over for a club in midseason, feeling it’s a tough go.

Van Gundy, whose Knicks record was 248-172, has thoroughly enjoyed his broadcasting gig and it wasn’t until very recently — with his daughter graduating high school — he seriously contemplated a comeback. He last coached the Rockets in 2006-07. He attracted mild interest from the Clippers and Nets last June.

“He’s the No. 1 basketball announcer in the country,’’ said an industry source. “He’s still an important voice. He’s the reason there were rule changes for flopping. But I think he’s got to give coaching one more shot. He has to. It’s in his blood.’’

There are other big names available including George Karl, Mike Dunleavy and Lionel Hollins, who said recently he wants another shot in the NBA after his solid run in Memphis. The problem is he was dismissed by the Grizzlies because of a supposed distaste for the new advanced stats movement. Mills was brought in to take the Knicks analytics a step further.

“I believe I’ve established myself as a head coach and I’d like another opportunity to show that [my success] wasn’t a fluke,” Hollins told ESPN.com. “I feel like I’ve proven I can take a young team and develop it, then sustain what I’ve done by what I did in the last five years in Memphis.”

Meanwhile, Woodson has to instill the confidence in his club before it’s too late. The only positive is the Knicks are just three games out of the Atlantic Division lead, despite being tied for the worst record in the East.

13. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Member

I pity who ever takes over that ball club
    They should be going after Nevada smith though ;)

14. arno_ed

arno_ed Member

Please do not do it JVG. I love seeing the Knicks play so terrible. But I want JVG to succeed.

15. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Melo needs to be the focus of a team. He is a horrible team player. He can screw up a steel ball with a rubber hammer.