1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks reach agreement on buyout with Amar'e Stoudemire

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

That gives me nightmares with Parker, Ginobli and Bellineli

2. HardenHardon

HardenHardon Member

Disagree. I think he has the potential to do the most damage with Dallas. The drop-off from Dirk/Chandler to Aminu/Villanueava/Greg Smith at the "big" positions is pretty substantial. Amar'e, at 15-20 minutes per game, would be a huge improvement for them.

3. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I would love to see him go to Dallas. Another horrible defender on a bad defensive team is a great move for the rest of the West teams.

4. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

im nervous about his addition to dallas...their bench is weak..this would be a solid option...

i really hope carlisle is disgruntled...

cuban and chemistry my ass..

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>As Mavs close in on Amar'e Stoudemire, I'm told they will NOT be signing Jermaine O'Neal at this time. Update from <a href="https://twitter.com/jermaineoneal">@jermaineoneal</a> in works</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/567440383123410944">February 16, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I'm not sure if there will ever be another time or not for me and basketball but what I do know at… <a href="http://t.co/UFxHBo4GyB">http://t.co/UFxHBo4GyB</a></p>&mdash; Jermaine O'Neal (@jermaineoneal) <a href="https://twitter.com/jermaineoneal/status/567444445407502337">February 16, 2015</a></blockquote>

6. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Even an old Stoudermire, still far far better than Joey Dorsey!!!Morey, why don't give a try???

7. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He's basically the worst outcome Dwight might be if he came back. Blown knees are a no no....

8. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

I really hope that this leads O'Neal right to us.

9. NotChandlerParsons

Pretty telling how Mavs-centric Stein's viewpoint is when he says they will NOT sign O'Neal (he told the internet he won't be signing with a team) and are closing in on signing Stoudemire as though it's some kind of decision on the part of the Mavs FO.

10. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

It would be hilarious if Stat goes elsewhere and O Neal doesnt return to the NBA.

Can't emphasize how much I hate that team!

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>Amar'e Stoudemire has committed to sign with the Dallas Mavericks, league sources tell RealGM.</p>&mdash; Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) <a href="https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/567511227191267328">February 17, 2015</a></blockquote>

12. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

Another guy who doesn't play D on their team?

cuban threw chemistry out the door this year.

Still waiting for Rondo to fit in

13. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Well, that's a relief. I was hoping Dallas would sign him over Jermaine O'Neal, who can actually contribute something on defense.

14. HTM

HTM Member

lol at the idiots who think this is a power shift like when Dallas got Rondo... this doesn't make Dallas any better... Rondo actually made them worse... pretenders for sure.

15. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Thank god. Stat is even worse than Jermaine Oneal even at his old age.

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Let us all take a moment to thank the basketball gods for spoiling Morey's grand plan to sign Amare for the max.

New York Knicks: Other than the Jeremy Lin blip, serving the Rockets since 1994.

17. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Good addition for Mavs. It's sad we can't get him. Dorsey is so bad.....

18. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Jason Giambi retiring had more of an impact on their league. #amarestoudexpired

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Amar'e Stoudemire's deal with the Dallas Mavericks: one year, veteran's minimum, league source tells RealGM.</p>&mdash; Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) <a href="https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/567526713257897984">February 17, 2015</a></blockquote>

20. baubo

baubo Member

It's been a few years. But didn't the trade get rescinded because Phoenix wouldn't let us give a physical first?