1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks reach agreement on buyout with Amar'e Stoudemire

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

He'd do well in picking the Spers if he wants to prolong his career.

Or he could go with the real good guys here in Houston.

2. SPBR

SPBR Member

They did have room for TMac two years ago, might have room for Amar'e.

3. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Reeks dallas

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

5. baubo

baubo Member

I'm surprised Phoenix hasn't called, given their medical staff and Amare's injury history. Maybe this would suggest more that they're not trying desperately to get that 8th seed.

Wouldn't really want him on the Rockets. Amare's defense has gone from bad to downright non-existent. The Rockets defense requires everyone to rotate and fly around. It really requires the type of movement Amare's simply incapable of doing these days.

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

Probably give it to more overrated, mediocre players. Then everyone who doesn't like it can go support the Nets.

7. awc713

awc713 Member

Interesting to see him in SA. Wasn't there an epic Suns Spurs series when he was in PHX?

8. i3artow i3aller

Spurs looking like the favorites? [​IMG]

9. Nook

Nook Member

Would be fitting if he ends up in Dallas with fellow dumpster project Rondo.

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

If I was Amare i'd go back to the Suns and take advantage of their medical team.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Through a friend, my son got to meet Amare one summer a few years ago when he was here training with Hakeem.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Nobody is mentioning the Suns. I thought they might be a possible destination.

13. hooroo

hooroo Member

How many seasons did the Knicks tank and cut salary for him again?

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

My guess is that there will be no shortage of potentially useful players bought out at or around the trade deadline.

Plenty of fairly useful guys on the last year of their contracts stuck on bad teams this season-- a part of this is due to the the shorter contracts under the new CBA just creating more "expiring contracts" every year. Once you can no longer trade a guy, there isn't much incentive to keep these guys around when your team is already tanking and you don't expect to re-sign the guy or sign-and-trade the guy for any kind of value come July.

Amare is one guy in this situation, but also others like Carlos Boozer, Kevin Garnett, Jeremy Lin, etc. Maybe even Brandon Bass, who probably has some trade value-- but if Boston doesn't end up trading him, not sure they woudln't just buy him out at the right price.

15. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

I'd like him and dragic running some sick pick n rolls for us

16. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

They are.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Interesting race for Amare after <a href="https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN">@FisolaNYDN</a> reports he &amp; Knicks reached a buyout. Mavs, Clips, Suns, Dubs in mix. Im told Portland is not</p>&mdash; Ramona Shelburne (@ramonashelburne) <a href="https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/status/567186709683900416">February 16, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

I've always liked amare but I don't see where he'd fit on this team with D-mo, smith and Terrence jones. Maybe a back up or relief for Dwight? Maybe dream can talk him into coming

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Don't you know the rockets are trading Dmo for dragic. And are going to sign j Onel, Ray Allen, and amare

Howard, amare, Jermaine o'neal
    Jones, smith
    Ariza, brewer
    Harden, Allen, terry
    Dragic, Beverley

Somehow in one season the average age of the team goes from 24 to 38

19. mockster

mockster Member

I wonder how possible it would be for us to sign amare. He could play as back up C and PF. We should be trading jones or dmo *if were going for a high quality player*

20. MONON

MONON Member

I'd think that Dallas (he teamed with Tyson Chandler in NY) or the Suns (he played for then in his hay day) would be the favorites to sign him. If healthy, he'd be an upgrade over Dorsey.