1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks pause Melo trade talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Jul 13, 2017.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Great news, pls keep ryan hes one of my favorite rockets...trade him only for lebron next year if we dont win now

2. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

i dont think we win as many games with lebron replacing ryan tbh. the spacing goes to **** with lebron at the 3/4 so now you have to keep the ball in his hands and harden has to play off ball. harden is not the best catch and shoot player either. dont forget ryan stretches the defense 40 feet whereas harden would only give bron 22-23 max bc they will sag off him to get the ball out of brons hands

the rox with ryan - 50 - 22
    without ryan 5-5

i doubt we win 55 wins with lebron and harden playing second fiddle and a bench role. harden is a better conductor for this offense

BigM likes this.
  3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Oh lawd, you can't be serious. LeBron's impact on both ends and the variability he gives us far outweigh Ryan's 3pt shooting, how can anyone think replacing an inconsistent, one-dimensional shooter with a top 5 player of all time is a net loss?

The ball movement with CP3, Harden and Bron would be out of this world and we'd also be a nightmare on defense.

Richie_Rich, Vivi, Cashmoney and 8 others like this.
  4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

PS brehs, I like how a thread delivering positive news (deal imminent) receives 40+ likes, but this one gets none because everyone is pissed. :D
    The disappointment is real.

Hakeemtheking and Pen15clubber like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think the fans need a break as well. Deal or none.

I am really hoping Morey starts to sign players now.

#245 daywalker02, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    Hakeemtheking likes this.
  6. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

One bite everybody knows the rules

Yung-T likes this.
  7. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

They're pissed but they shouldn't be. This was classic ESPN click bait. The Knicks are not in a great spot here, obviously their new GM is gonna have a conversation with Melo before he trades him!

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

*proceeds to eat whole slice*

Pen15clubber likes this.
  9. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

I honestly dont think Cle was ever his number #1 choice just espn pushing that agenda, and if it was it has probably changed since CP3 arrived and has been in his ear recruiting him. I think if there was a buy out Hou would be the favorite.

Reasons:
    1. Cp3 and Harden will revive his career.
    2. Houston is a far better city than Cleveland
    3. Texas 0% Income tax compared to Clevelands what... 5.something % income tax.
    4. System suited for his Skill set in a environment that is suited for him to thrive in
    (Lets forget Mike D'antoni and his time with melo for that **** show of an organization called the knicks. If there is anything we learned tonight is that they cant get anything right.)

dragonwill, Tfor3 and Pen15clubber like this.
  10. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Lol, i quoted a guy saying onky trade anderson for lebron. I doubt he was serious either

BigM and Yung-T like this.
  11. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How many times have we been through this with Melo? I'll live with Ryno and hope CP3 gets him going at home next season. Enough of the Melo-drama!

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Ah okay, then it was a gawd sarcasm post.

Brown Lost It likes this.
  13. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

To be fair the hiring of a GM changes a lot of things. Mills was working on something but someone new that takes over the talks can be wanting to reevaluate since it will be on his watch. Can't blame the sources if a wrench that big is thrown in.

Woj and others all said they were close and working on a deal as well.

Yung-T likes this.
  14. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

[​IMG]

thedreamsteam and Yung-T like this.
  15. T for 3

T for 3 Member

A good number of these people acted like the deal was very close, and even if it wasn't, they acted like it was obvious melo was coming. If melo does come, I'm sure people will still falsely claim they knew and all that, but they didn't.

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If it was up to Melo, Houston was likely preferred to even Cleveland.

But it isn't up to Melo.

17. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I agree but how can we discredit them right now because the GM coming in basically gives them all an out so to speak.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You just can't stop running a business coz your third wheel guy admittedly talented is on hold for a lengthier time.

19. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

It's just on hold because of the new GM. They wanna talk to him and probably see if he would broaden the teams that he wants to be traded. I doubt Melo changes his mind.

They signed Hardaway Jr. and people say Melo and him don't get along. Imagine next season how dysfunctional that team would be, well even more than they are now.

Someone said on one of the many Melo threads, one of the thousands made. That Morey would have caved in if he didn't know Melo was in 100% with us. If Morey knew another team like the Cavs had a chance I think Morey would have added Trevor or and Ego so that the 3 or 4 team deal had been done already.
    But then our depth would be gone. We could add people from the FA but there aren't many left. Trevor gives us good defense and he helps with the chemistry. He pretty much gets along with everyone. And Erick brings us good offense for our bench unit.
    We might lose Capela but there are some people still on FA that could fit in but doesn't seem like anyone besides Anderson would be added on the deal when it goes through.

I still think is gonna happened. New GM added more time. We still in the 2 yard line maybe 1 yard line. Maybe we even got a Melo TD but the knicks said they called a time out before so they just wasting time. Play is under review. It is inevitable. ;p we will get Melo

lol and if we don't let's add some more pieces that we were gonna add after the Melo deal and see how the season goes. We still have time just before the all star game for Morey to pull a couple of trades or bring some other people in.

Manos and zigzag like this.
  20. OTMax

OTMax Member

Good! Can we please focus on CP3, hate how this mellow stuff has taken away the joy of adding this actual difference making all-star!!! The media better not ask about Melo!

Aruba77 and daywalker02 like this.