1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks Open to Trading Top Pick

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Jpripper88, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Depends on if Smith and Brewer will sign with Rox.

If they do, just keep the team intact. If they did not, then yeah, a high lottery pick is interesting.

2. da_juice

da_juice Member

Knicks are probably looking for someone to pair with Melo. Would they be dumb enough to trade for Rose? I could maybe see the Kings trading Demarcus Cousins for it.

3. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I'm sure Phil Jackson can't wait to get rid of NYK pick for such vast talent pool.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I doubt if that would be enough, but I would be in favor of such a proposal.

I would be willing to give them back their 2nd rounder too. If they would want Jones instead of D-Mo, I would be ok with it too, because the Rockets are not likely to get a chance in getting a talent like Russell on a inexpensive 4yr contract.

5. marky :)

marky :) Member

Easy. Trade players that can "fit" or "play" in a triangle system. #JustPhilThings

6. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Smokescreen. If Knicks get a top 3 pick they won't be trading it. This is all part of the narrative that "Melo cares about winning" intended to keep the heat off him.

7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'd trade Howard for their pick in a heartbeat and I really don't care where in the top 5 it falls. Howard is on the downward spiral. There are LOTS of quality big men in this draft. I think there is a chance we could even snag a starter quality center with the 13th or 14th even. If we could get Okafor or Towns with the Knicks pick then somebody like Cauley-Stein or Porzingis with the Pelican's pick, I'd be thrilled. Now we've got two extremely high upside guys on rookie deals for the next four years (and at least one of them would probably pan out) and we have the cap room to add a major free agent and hopefully bring back guys like Brewer and Smith.

You may be afraid of playing without Dwight - but we're already playing without Dwight better than half the time anyway! And his knee and back issues will only get worse. He's 30 years old now. How many 30+ big men see their health and durability improve?

I'd rather have two unproven rookies with extremely high upside manning the center position than Dwight sitting on the bench in a suit. Especially if it means we have the freedom to go after somebody like Love or Aldridge. If we picked up one of those guys, we can easily trade one of D-Mo or Terrence Jones for a reliable vet center if need be and use the second pick on a point guard.

All of that said, I sincerely doubt the Knicks would give us their pick for Dwight.

8. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Lol at 'Trade Howard for draft pick...'

Idiots.

9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

He's been plagued by serious injuries for three years now. We've been through this before. It isn't going to be better. I know the draft pick wouldn't replace what a healthy Howard could give us - but I don't expect to see a healthy Howard for more than very brief stints for the rest of his career.

10. matty101

matty101 Member

Havnt read the thread so not sure if this has been mentioned but Boogie Cousins for Knicks #1 is a a strong possibility. Book it.

11. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Ofcourse they are.

It is clear to anybody that the knicks are one experienced player away from a championship.

12. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Let's rip them off.

14. Zbed

Zbed Member

Thank God you're not the GM

15. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

That would be the dumbest thing the Knicks could possibly do if they gave away their pick for an aging and injury prone center.

16. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

There is nothing dumb about trading Howard for the number one draft pick. Were talking about Jahil Oakafor a 19 year old center with superstar potential not to mention the flexibility it would give us.

17. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I remember the Clips offered their number one pick (Blake Griffin) for Yao. We rejected it.