1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks Interested in McGrady?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Jun 17, 2009.

1. tfvic

tfvic Member

HELL NO! i would take a injured t-mac over that deal!

2. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Throw in #8,then we could talk. :cool:

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

advancing is a team effort, not a one player effort smart guy.

4. Strawman

Strawman Member

The only way I would deal with the Knicks is if it includes Wilson Chandler and the 8th pick, but I don't see the Knicks giving up Chandler.

5. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

The reason the Magic made it the finals with Rafer is because they move the ball much better than we did with our T-Mac/Yao centric offense of the past few years. Shots are distributed much better on their team. Turkoglu is their PnR man is much better at moving the ball simply because he doesn't always go for the home run assist. He is perfectly happy passing it to a semi-open guy, knowing that the defense will have to react and rotations will eventually cause a player to be open.

T-Mac is a man on a mission: get the ball to a guy that can immediately shoot or shoot it himself. It leads to players watching him work his butt off on offense to get the defense out of position. Instead of working so hard himself, he could share the ball a little more and involve the rest of the team in the playmaking. This is especially true now that I am sure he will not be the same player when he returns from this surgery.

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

but DD says he's a cancer....plays no D...don't hustle....lazy...only care about his.... how is that possible?

-sarcasm-

you should refer your post to DD, who struggles to grasp that concept

7. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Evans may fit in well.

8. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

From my gatherings isnt the deal more about

Mcgrady

for

Hughes
    Mobley
    #8 pick

????????

9. FR0497

FR0497 Member

You got a lot of work to do if your going to try and get people to believe that. Remember, it's all T-Mac's fault he hasn't advanced past the first round.

10. Strawman

Strawman Member

The Knicks will be at Morey's feet if they want Mac badly, and Morey will be merciless.

11. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

you still didn't read what i said. rafer played 11-12 less minutes BECAUSE THEY HAD MORE DEPTH. do you think they would have gone far had rafer have to play 43-44 minutes a game?

orlando was able to distribute b/c they had depth.

are you saying the cavs shouldn't do the same b/c the cavs' offense is more of a one-man offense as i have ever seen. lebron was responsible for 36.4% of the team's offense in the playoffs.

depth plays a key role in the playoffs.

12. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

If this is the trade then, i would be in favor. A serviceable 2 guard and probably a future piece. ( # 8 pick )

13. RedRowdy111

DaDakota....its been awhile. Can we have a Pre-draft, Trade Mcgrady video? I always enjoy them. Scan through a few teams, a few scenerios, and post it on here. (Waiting.....)

14. Asian Sensation

I'd do this just so Mobley can retire as a Rocket.

15. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I really like Scola's game and I'm not a big fan of Amare. He's a poor defender but so is Scola and it's reaching to say Scola gets the same level of production as Stoudemire.

Reaching like Artest guarding Kobe.

16. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

The problem is trading with New York would be really bad. If we get David Lee, we have no time to play him due to Landry and Scola. If we get Hughes, that would be horrible because he would not be able to replace McGradys skill set when healthy. Furthermore, if we get the 8th pick, he wont be able to help us out NOW. Say we get DeRozan, he won't be a BIG upgrade until the future.

We're in WIN NOW mode.

17. RedRowdy111

For the price tag, I would rather have Scola than Amare.

18. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Not sure how helpful Larry Hughes would be, but saving money isn't such a bad idea. If Morey gets the feeling that having T-Mac back will only hurt us (where exactly would he go in the line-up, anyway, halfway through the season?), it may be good to get rid of him.

The extra $7mil will help sign Von, Ron, and a back-up center.

Of course, I'd rather Mobley's insured contract, the #8 pick, and some other scrub that makes less money than Larry Hughes.

All that being said, I imagine we could get something better elsewhere or with a 3-way.

19. Egghead

Egghead Member

I think the Knicks would want to get rid of Eddy Curry too..

20. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

I forgot to add something. Knicks are not going to want to trade there pick. If they lose Lee, they want to get Hill in the draft.

We would have no playing time for Lee though.