1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks Interested in McGrady?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Jun 17, 2009.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

tracy does keep the ball moving when he runs he pick and roll. he was at his best with that play (when healthy of course).l

running the floor is a myth. tracy is a halfcourt player through and through.

tracy's D was only bad LAST YEAR. if he was so bad defensively in previous years, JVG or adelman wouldn't put him on good offensive players in the playoffs with no dropoff.

we're looking to trade him b/c he's injured often, and last year really got on the wrong side of management. management has never really criticized tracy's play or his lack of production before last yr, when he was INJURED.

2. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Good insight. This would probably be the best scenario if the Rockets would deal with the Knicks.

3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Amare is a better defender than scola I bet he wouldn't shoot 40% against gasol for 7 games.

4. FR0497

FR0497 Member

HARDEN, it's HARDEN with no "S" :mad:

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

No he is not.

Amare does not play defense well at all, he has no committment to it...

Amare is a much better athlete than Scola, but Scola gets about the same level of production and is a better team player than Amare.

Amare is all about the numbers, and is a cancer in the clubhouse.

DO NOT WANT !

DD

6. t_mac1

the ignorance on this board is amazing.

7. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Its Battier, lol.

8. t_mac1

and yet he has advanced farther than any rocket has currently. and he has been the ONLY PF in recent years to dominate duncan.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Dominate Duncan...ROFLMAO.....he does give Tim fits on the offensive side, but uh...Tim gives him fits on the defensive side.

And, I forget, who won those series, was it Amare's team or Tim's team?

CASE CLOSED !

DD

10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

but in the WCF where he put up huge numbers against duncan I believe the suns lost 4-1.

you could argue the following year with the suspensions, but for the most part amare has put up stats on duncan but duncans team kept winning because they were more disciplined (and yes I still feel that 05 suns team was far more talented than the spurs that year)

if its lee, curry and #8 for tmac then I would do it.

it really depends on curry and his work ethic, if he can get his butt into shape he can be a solid (but overpaid) backup center for yao

11. t_mac1

all i'm saying is DD brought up amare is a cancer. a cancer will never be a part of a successful suns' team who had great team chemistry and all that. and amare DID perform. you saw his impact when he WAS suspended. if he was a cancer like DD says, they would be better without him.

but you're right, they always lose b/c they do not play defense. and that started from the coach to their PG to the rest of the team.

i would do that trade in a heartbeat too. lee is a bonafide stud. curry might do better in a backup role under a more established center.

tracy's era has run its course with houston. it's time to move on.

12. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Man, I want no part of Eddy "you know you want to touch it" Curry. Yuck.

13. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

If they can get a serviceable 2 guard and the 8th pick for T-Mac then why not. The Rockets can get pieces that can help from day 1 compared on waiting for Tmac to try to blend in after 30 plus games.

14. t_mac1

we will have to absorb some type of player we all don't want when we trade mcgrady. we just hope the other parts will help us. that's the case of trading an injured player with a large contract.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yeah I want this guy.....BOOM! OUTTA HERE! :mad:
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DWabCac8uCI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DWabCac8uCI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

16. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

When he runs the pick and roll he holds the ball at the top of the circle, waits for the big man to come set the pick, and then only passes it if there is a guy that will for sure be able to make a shot that would give him an assist. Otherwise, he takes the shot himself. I'm not implying that he consciously goes after these stats, but that is his game. Doing this alone does not qualify as moving the ball. He would have to add in running without the ball off of picks or cutting to the basket to prove to me that he is a player capable of moving the ball.

As it is now he is only good when he is holding the ball in his hands. Other superstar wing players at least have some semblance of an off the ball game. I think this is why his teams always fail in the playoffs. Guys get used to him having the ball all the time and when the lights are shining on them on the big stage, the shots they get off of the PnR where Tracy passes it to them stop falling. Then T-Mac apologists say that his teammates failed him because they stopped hitting shots. Maybe they stop performing well in the offense because they are not involved enough. We have seen that we have plenty of talent on offense without T-Mac. All we need now is another guy that can get his own shot whether that be off the dribble or running off the ball.

17. FR0497

FR0497 Member

Dennis Rodman was one of the biggest cancers known to basketball and how many championships did he win? I guess if it's not the guy DD wants/likes then it's a horrible idea.

18. Egghead

Egghead Member

if we get the 8th pick possible players available would be...

Jennings
    Flynn
    DeRozan
    maybe Holiday or Evans

19. t_mac1

that's how you technically run the pick and roll with a great playmaker. we only complain about tracy holding onto the ball a lot b/c he sucked last year. sucky players should never hold onto the ball.

if you watched our playoff series with mcgrady, you should know why we lost.
    1) refs v. dallas
    2) no rebounding v. utah
    3) injuries

rafer shot just as bad WITH the magic in this playoffs (38% overall and 32% from 3s). and yet they got to the finals. but the difference? he averaged 31-32 mins in the playoffs. with us, he averaged 43-44 minutes - an extra 11-12 minutes a game of rafer playing an impact.

get that through your head and see why. there's a reason even brooks playing well sometimes wouldn't sniff 40 minutes.

20. Egghead

Egghead Member

also only way the Knicks may deal is 8th pick is if Steph Curry is gone