1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks Interested in McGrady?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Jun 17, 2009.

1. abc2007

abc2007 Member

The rockets will give them Brooks, and they will not insist on us to take Eddie Curry.

Rubio will be a great pg as nash, cp3, ...

2. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I inquire about him too. Big deal, no news here...yet. You can ask about something, but that's all you are doing...asking.

No movement/action yet.

3. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

I rather give the suns lee and the 8th pick for Amare, but Rubio would probably be my second option.

4. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Exactly. I expect there will be a lot of chatter like this the entire off-season. I still think the Rockets will play a wait and see approach with McGrady.

5. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I don't know about Amare's contract, if it is same as Yao's, he will be a free agent next summer. And, I don't think he will stay here after that.

Rubio will be the best choice!

6. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

You can't sign a player until July 1st anyway so I don't see how you can do a S&T

7. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Larry Hughes + Cuttino Mobley + 8# for T-Mac
    I'm OK with that.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Donnie will want to keep Eddie off the books so he can get as much as he can from the 2010 FA class. McGrady will be a one year rental. I respect your opinion,but I beg to differ with it.

9. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

That's what I am thinking too. Hughes is not gonna even put up the same numbers that Tracy put on one leg last season, so this trade for Houston is a disaster.

We need a solid sg in exchange for McGrady and Knicks have nobody to offer.

10. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

The person who wrote that original blurb seems pretty ignorant about how this all works. McGrady is a "low risk move" and all that it will take is an "expiring contract" to get him?

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So the Knicks inquired about T-mac...and that is where the "Rockets are shopping T-mac" rumor got started!!!

Got to love it.

12. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Wow, what a horrible horrible sports reporter.

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

teams have "inquired" about mcgrady for the past 3 years. until something happens....

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Never give up, never surrender !!!

DD

15. t_mac1

unfortunately, outside of griffin, this draft is one of the weakest ever. rubio may turn out to be good, but it may take him 4-5 years to do so.

16. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I believe it will be a 3-way trade. The main goal for the rockets will be #2 pick, the main goal for the knicks will be tamc's expiring contract, the main goal for the grizzles will be #8 pick and David Lee. Other things are all details, and I think the three teams are working on those right now.

17. joesr

joesr Member

/bump

resign Von and Ron?
    almost a yes for me

add the number 8 pick
    def. a yes

18. t_mac1

the rockets need more deals after this. i'm not satisfied with just picks. we need instant contributors. we're still missing some pieces.

19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

If we do end up trading T-Mac to NYC, I don't see us hanging onto that 8th pick for long. It's been pretty well-documented that this is a very shallow draft, so I really doubt we'd give up our main bargaining chip for a player not named Griffin, Rubio, or Harden (the 8th pick would definitely not land you any of those players). If we are indeed going to trade McGrady as part of the package that lands us a draft pick, and one of the partners is NY, then I would expect a third team (Grizzlies or Kings possibly?) to be involved as well, with their 2nd and 4th picks respectively. At least, this would be my dream scenario. I just don't see us giving up McGrady for anything less than that.

20. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Tyreke Evans at 8th maybe?