1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks Interested in McGrady?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Jun 17, 2009.

1. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

maybe you think too highly of tmac?

2. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

3. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

trading tmac for 2 ending contracts is advantageous for both teams.

the target should be mobely. 80% covered by insurance this year makes him better than an ending contract.

4. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

good find. Lee is a great player that had the 2nd most double-doubles last season(if i'm not wrong) and Curry would be a decent backup center if he plays anything even close to what he was thought to be. I think with that said, we would probably use Lee and Curry in some other trade. this just makes me wanna get in a time machine and travel into the future to find out what really happens draft day. :D Can't wait for the 25th!

5. sephiroth.hk

sephiroth.hk Member

d.lee is looking a 10m contract.
    i am not sure should rocket give him 10m contract
    since scola and landy is only get 3m next season...

curry... look his situation is worse than tmac...

6. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

I have mized emotions about trading with the Knicks if it is for Lee, Curry, +8th pick..what do we do at PF? Do we keep Lee? or use him part of a 3 way?

Chilcutt

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

He is the only Knick I'd want, but where would you play him?

8. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Here's the trade.

Curry, Mobley, a re-signed Lee, and the #8 for McGrady. We then approach Sacramento about a 3-way. Offer Sacramento Mobley's and Cook's expiring along with Lowry, Landry, and the #8 for Nocioni, Udrih, Garcia and the #4. This would give Sacramento a ton of cap relief along with good value players in Lowry and Landry along with the #8 pick. I would bet they do it. Not to mention they save even more with Mobley's contract. The question is.......would the Knicks actually do this????? .....just to get rid of Curry??? I don't think they would do it. And then the question would be.....would Morey be willing to take on all those contracts?

9. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

i say we use him and the 8th pick as apart of a 3 way trade to try to get Amare or a higher pick. If the Suns were offered Lee and the 8th pick for Amare I think they would seriouly have to consider that with the situation they have with an aging PG in Nash and the money problems they're facing.

10. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I would be less worried about the logjam at PF than Curry's contract but I think you have to do this deal if the Knicks are interested. You can make another move later to unload a PF or two. We would only have 1 more PF than we had this season and while Curry is a joke, at least he's a temporary solution at backup C until we find something better. His contract goes one additional year beyond McGrady's so it's bad but not too bad.

And I would keep Lee. I guess that means getting rid of Hayes or Dorsey, eventually.

11. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I think it will be a 3-way trade: rockets, knicks, and grizzles. The goal of the rockets would be the #2 pick, knicks' goal would be tamc's expiring contract and Brooks, and grizzles' goal would be #8 pick and Divid Lee.

12. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

The only news I want to hear is that McGrady has been traded and gone from here. I am so tired of hearing about this guy. On the current roster there's only one player I can't stand and that's McLady. Get rid of him and get someone on this team that has a heart!

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

E.Curry has a player option of 11.2 M till the end of 2010-11.NY will definitely try to force DM to take him in return for McGrady. I seriously doubt if Donnie Walsh will cough up the 8th pick easily or at all.If Lee is on his way here,I'm sure he will ask for Luis (more likely)or Carl.(less likely).I could see him giving up the 8th for Luis.I like Lee, but I wouldn't give up Scola for the 8th pick in this relatively weak class.

14. Strawman

Strawman Member

Why the hell would we do this for Hughes? This guy sucks. We can get way better for McGrady's contract.

15. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

Keep Lee? Then how the hell would the minutes work out the PF spot? That is a logjam cause someone would have to be left out with garbage minutes like what Hayes got when Scola and Landry were active together. And I don't think any of them would be happy with garbage minutes. How would Rick divide up the 48 mintues between all three? No team needs that many good PFs when you could use one of them in a trade to get another player that we could use for another position or an even a bigger upgrade at PF spot like Amare. That's like having three Aaron Brooks or three Shane Battiers.

16. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Three-way trade: rockets, knicks, and grizzles!

The rockets want to #2 pick, and the knicks are interested in #2 pick too, but they are also interested in tmac's expiring contract. So, it will be perfect to do the 3-way trade. The rocekts will get Ricky Rubio!!!

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The Knicks will insist on us taking Eddie Curry IMO in any trade scenario involving McGrady.I'm not sold on taking Rubio with the second pick. He has the skill set to fit in with the Rockets,but he lacks athleticism and is physically weak. Number 2 seems to be too high for Harden too.

#57 saleem, Jun 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  18. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

the knicks would be willing to take back 125% of their outgoing slaries (max allowed) which would move the rockets well below the LT line and allow then more flexibility to sign ron and von.

furthermore, splitting tmac's giant ending contract in to two manageable ones is a very smart move. look at a team like the pistons for example, they do not want to give back $20M in a tmac offer, but hughes for hamilton works.

1 person likes this.
  19. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Good point. I overlooked the fact that Lee wouldn't be satisfied getting limited minutes like Hayes. You can't keep Scola, Landry and Lee. Only 2 of those 3 would stay.

20. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

heeeeeeeeeeeeeell no to Hughes

T-Mac at 50% >>>>>>>>>>>> Hughes