1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks Iman Shumpert for first round pick. Should Morey go for it?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, Jun 22, 2014.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'd sooner have Shumpert than the #25 if not for the free agency implications. Could potentially draft someone the Knicks would like and trade him for Shumpert later in a big Carmelo swap.

2. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

This is how the Heat got to the point they're at now. It's important to still acquire young talent, even if you're contending.

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Shumpert would be a good 2 with Carmelo as a 3/4 on this team. Very serviceable.. Now how about that assistant coach. I think McHale does the honorable thing and steps down before training camp. I can almost feel it. However the Rox get as the lead assistant might as well be the head coach.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

Don't know how he is in real life, I don't follow the Knicks, but dude is a friggin beast on my 2k team. Destroys all defenders inside and out. Also a sick weak side blocker.

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

You first go for the big fish - LeBron, Melo, Love etc.

Shumpert is not going to take you much closer to the dreamland. Maybe adding a Shumpert is a 2nd round exit instead of a 1st at best.

6. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

The funny part is he's perfect for our team. Can score, handles the rock and plays D. If chasing a superstar stops us from properly filling out this team, then that will fall back on the GM. WE ARE NOT GETTING LEBRON JAMES. Putting our energy into signing a FA who'll never come here is the worst thing we can do. We need base hits, no homeruns this offseason

7. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Jesus man, give it a break. Every single post in every single thread is you bashing Morey. We get it, you don't like him and want him fired. Just shut the hell up already, you are a broken record.

8. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

You lost all credibility when you said this.

9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He's in a packaged deal to get Melo. Harden will be dealt along with Lin and Asik in that scenario anyways. So Shumpert would be the starting 2 in place o Harden.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

another 'above average' playa?

11. da_juice

da_juice Member

I'd take him if there's no NBA ready players and if we can't clear cap/woo Melo. I'd rather trwde the 25 for a backup center or draft one though. We need an Asik replacement.

12. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Asik, Lin, DMo, #25 for Melo and Shumpert

13. da_juice

da_juice Member

I'd do that. But I doubt the Knicks would (they already have Tyson Chandler).

Hell- id even take JR or Felton if we could get Melo and still keep Jones and Parsons.

14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

More like

Asik, Lin, T Jones, #25, #39 and 2015 first rounder unprotected for Melo and Shumpert.