1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks' Felton says no doubt he’s better than Rockets' Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

OMG, I almost fell out of my chair a few times! This game should leave a good feeling for all Rockets fans, no matter who you love or hate on this team. They showed they can compete when the whole team is focused, backs each other up, and plays for a purpose.

One positive sign for both Lin and the team, is that he did not back down against Felton. There were flashes of the former aggressiveness he had going to the rim, even without high picks by the center. The refs just weren’t calling some of those fouls on him, not even one call. Felton out did Lin on points due to three 3-pointers, but Lin also went right past Felton several times for baskets. Overall I think Lin did a better job of controlling the floor for Houston than Felton did for NYK. Like Kobe says, Lin makes good decisions. Kudos to Sampson for keeping Lin in the game so that he had the opportunity to build his confidence. After the airball he nails a three, runs down the court for a steal to start a fast break for a five point Rox stretch. Then later he was patient, found Douglas and he nails the three. Given the right situation, maybe these two guys need to play together more often! They’re both fast enough to run circles around some of the other backcourts.

Parsons and Asik were the players of the game for Houston. I loved how Asik played Chandler tonight…awesome!! His intensity really affected NYK’s interior and forced their offense out of whack. Man that Chandler elbow to the windpipe was just way too dangerous.

If Houston kept their big leads, they would have won at least two or three more games. I am so glad they kept their lead tonight. They kept their composure and intensity up the whole game.

Gonna sleep well now!

2. torocan

torocan Member

6 of his 8 assists were to Melo. Many of which were dump offs into the elbow.

And of his 5/11, he shot 4/6 from the 3 point line.

So, either he was open alot at the 3 point line, or he was forcing contested 3's because of poor shot selection and inability to penetrate the paint.

Let's let the Felton fans believe he had a good game...

3. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Asik was a warrior - taking an elbow to the neck like it was nothing.

4. kent335

kent335 Member

Lin outplayed Felton tonight by a big margin. Felton tried to do too many ISOs on Lin to prove that he could take Lin, and that didn't not work at all for Felton.

5. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Felton said in the pregame that it wasn't about him vs. Lin and immediately tries to go ISO on Lin in the beginning of the game. Started out 0-4 and 2-7. Hit some 3 pointers when the game was already a blowout. Ppl who didn't watch the game would think Felton outplayed Lin based on the stats. But Lin definitely outplayed Felton and would have had a few more points if not for missing point blank shots and fouled (with no calls, chip tooth even), and a few more assists if teammates finished at the rim.

I am just glad Rockets won, and Lin wasn't embarrassed. That was what I feared most prior to the game. I think it was quite the opposite I think Lin got back a little swagger tonight.

1 person likes this.
  6. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

I think Rockets fans are celebrating too soon especially for just a regular season win. you already know the knicks are gonna do the best they can to get in the rockets asses whenever they travel to madison square garden to play. i bet the crowd reaction to lin will probably affect how the game turns out.

7. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

felton missed alot of shots. I am sure his shooting efficiency was > Jlin

8. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

yeeeehaaaa we won!!! we beat the knicks!!!

9. Parpar2j

Parpar2j Member

if you want to compare Felton and JLin
    you have to look at Knicks Plans and Rockets Plans

Jeremy is no selfish if the teammate want the ball,he always sends it even if he didn't get the points or assists.
    but he have a good post for the teammate, his defense and rebound is well.

10. SK34

SK34 Member

Dude, if i was a point guard in the NBA, I would also run isos against an Injured LIN or so they say. Lin played well, but give credit where its due, Felton also played well and has been consistent way more than lin over the course of the season. When Lin begans to play well, you cann all say it to my face and be like "I told you so" etc..

You know what, If Lin averages more than Felton is points and assists I will chip in to the tip jar.

anyways, did anybody hear what steve smith said about this issue?

11. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

What?

12. joepu

joepu Member

No doubt Felton/Knicks wanted to embarrass Lin tonight. I loved how the team, especially Chandler, came out and got Lin's back.

Lin had a decent game but nothing to celebrate. Hopefully he'll play better now that he's got this game behind him.

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Yes I expect that Lin will all of the sudden become a decent NBA player. He was just waiting for after the Knicks game.

14. GTRockets

GTRockets Member

I was glad he hit that 3.

15. iconoclastism

iconoclastism Member

Just for the record, Felton played for himself instead of the team.

16. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Man, I'm reading the Knicks game thread. Some hilarious stuff there. Fans actually wanting Tyson to get a fragrant 2, so he'd be out of the game? Now that I've never seen.

This game out into the Knicks' heads. I mean, doubling Lin? Really? Other teams leave him wide open nowadays because his shot is messed up.

17. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

Was Felton too fat to get a rebound?

Big d0nut in that department.

18. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

The knicks were lucky for the first few games. As the season progresses they will fall back to what they are....an average team. Also, Felton to revert to his usual self: the mediocre player he has been all of his career.

19. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

They probably all ate too much at Thanksgiving dinner. Felton looked fat, and he didn't really look all that fat at the beginning of the season.

20. jbasket

jbasket Member

[​IMG]

Beginning of this season.