1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks Cut Houston

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Illmatic, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Illmatic

Illmatic Member

ooops, he seems to be taking it like a man

The Knicks waived Allan Houston on Thursday, ending his comeback attempt for the second straight pre-season.

"Although I was very excited about potentially joining my teammates in uniform, I believe that the circumstances suggest that I am best suited to serve the team in a different role," Houston said in a statement.

The Knicks also waived Dan Grunfeld and picked up the team options on the contracts of Mardy Collins and Wilson Chandler.

Rosters must be trimmed to 15 no later than Monday. If the athletic project and Knick legacy Patrick Ewing Jr. is retained, the team would need to shed a veteran such as Jerome James or Malik Rose to make room.

2. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I find it hard to believe he couldn't be like Michael Finley at this point in their careers. Oh well, his knees must really be that bad if they're that scared to keep him over the likes of Wilson Chandler or Mardy Collins.

3. Asian Sensation

I thought they released him like last month.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The whole thing was a sham. Dolan likes him a lot and just wanted to be nice. Everyone knew from day 1 he showed up there was no chance Houston would make the team.

5. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Bring him in! It may be the only way we get the word "Houston" on a Rockets jersey. ;)

6. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

He should be a shooting coach or something. Lord knows the Knicks need one.

7. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Just sign him so we get a badass jersey.

8. Moochie Norris

LOL!

I think I read somewhere that he was playing with an injury (I think it was something other than his knees) and he wasnt able to be his full self. I believe they were going to give him a front office job so that he can stay with the team.

9. H-town_playa2k2

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nkOsqIgtUlY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nkOsqIgtUlY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

dont know when this was made, but take it for what its worth. He looks kinda slow on this video, but look at that form.

10. StaticC4

StaticC4 Member

Shooting coach: yes
    Knicks shooting coach: NO!

I'd rather have Houston working here to teach our guards to be better shooters.

11. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

He and Jordan should do a legends shootout.

12. worzel gummidge

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...for_allan_houston_a_new_role_with_knicks.html