1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks contacted Patrick Beverley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Normalus

Normalus Member

''Just replace" won't work, we play unique style of basketball and Pat was there for the past 3 seasons - he knows all our plays, he knows the system and is one of the best 3&D point-guards in the league. I would sign him for up to 20M$ for 3 years, 3rd bein team option.

2. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's not just about replacing similar talent. The Rockets can go over the cap to keep Beverly. If they let him walk and have to bring in someone else, they have to use part of the MLE or make a trade. Those are assets that need to be used to improve the team. That's why I will be OK with the Rockets matching a somewhat overpaid Beverly. While I don't think he's starting caliber, I want him on the team and don't want the Rockets using valuable assets replacing him.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I hope we manage to keep Pat. I'd love to have Llull and Bev manning the point. They would give us much different looks to throw at opposing teams, and much better defense. Llull/Bev is far better on that end of the court compared to Bev/#37/#38 (years old). Not even close. The two play a different brand of offense, as well. But yeah, if we have to lose him, the Knicks would be ideal. Eastern Conference, please!

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

We're the team that finds the Patrick Beverleys, not the one that pays the Patrick Beverleys.

5. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

he should go to new york. first, i dont want him to face rockets 4 times a year. but new york has enough cap to make a good team. bev will have an easier time in the east, then ny's big fan base can let the world know he's not a dirty player.

6. Sanity2disChaos

He is a perfect fit in their triangle offense ...3D player. I say get your money and he brings that toughness Ny needs.

7. Sanity2disChaos

That's why he isn't going anywhere....but NY would be a good look for him.

8. bigred77

bigred77 Member

I think the rockets will go as high as 6 million a year on a 3/4 yr deal if they get a team option for the final year (considering all of his injury issues).

If Patrick Beverley is worth 8+ Million a year than I don't understand the new landscape of the NBA...

9. anchel

anchel Member

Agreed. But the Knicks have other FA priorities, so we'll see. They are pursuing Marc Gasol, Deandre Jordan, Danny Green, Greg Monroe or Demarre Carroll before Pat... Bad news are they have tons of cap space, like almost $30M.

10. OpenLayup-Why3?

8million this summer is like 5million last summer. Beverley is probably hoping for ~9-10M a year. In my mind is not worth it, because he was voted worst starting PG last season for a reason. But I think some team like NYK will totally offer him that and Houston stands no chance of keeping him.

11. OpenLayup-Why3?

And honestly, I don't really want Beverley back. His defense in 14-15 season was MUCH worse than in 13-14. He is also coming from a smallish injury, spending summer in restaurants waiting for da big check rather than trying to wash away bad personal season in the gym.

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Bev is injury prone.

13. chandlerbang21

HE IS TRASH stop letting the media fool you

14. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Lots of losers flock to Knicks.lol

15. Normalus

Normalus Member

Insider? How do you know he doesn't practise? You guys actincg like it's possible to sit in the gym for 24/7, he can go for very respectable 6 hours a day and still have about 6-8 hours of free time

16. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

We saved them from resigning Lin and this is how they repay us?

1 person likes this.
  17. malakas

malakas Member

Aminu got 7 but he provides defence at a position that is scarce in the nba. Pgs are a dime a dozen. The knicks dont have enough money to give him such a contract.

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Im a Pat Beverley fan, but I just really don't think the Rockets should match anything that isn't a complete bargain. You are paying alot of money for essentially attitude and tenacity. As far as basketball skills.... there isn't much there as a full time starter.

1 person likes this.
  19. shtinkee

shtinkee Member

You're making a big assumption from one instagram photo.

20. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Good. I hope he signs here in NY. He fits in the with the craziness. Beverley IMO is overrated. He was lucky the Rockets even gave him a chance.