1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks committed to completing deal with rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

no Woj, no trust

Melo has been dead set on Houston for weeks

DonKnock, BigMaloe, bilaal14 and 3 others like this.
  2. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

If they do, which i highly doubt, then there will have been nothing that we can do about it. I assure you that morey is on the phones trying to negotiate with them as much as possible.

Its not like he can hypnotize them or say the magic word that forces them to take ryno

DonKnock and justtxyank like this.
  3. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

Why does everybody always freak out as soon as a tweet pops up?

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The thing is, since when does Bill Simmons have OKC sources? He knows NBA people, of course, but I think most likely somebody leaked him some rather preliminary info to him to put pressure on the Rockets to make a deal.

Calebhardin9 likes this.
  5. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

I don't understand understand why everyone is freaking out. We're getting him tomorrow at 5:45.

6. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Adams doesn't suck. Maybe overpaid but doesn't suck. He's a good defender and can rebound.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Boredom.

DonKnock and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  8. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

9. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

That's why i said Presti is trying anything, for this exact reason you mentioned. By getting Melo, he might be able to convince both of WB and PG if things turn out good next year while he's on the roster.

No Chance and DonKnock like this.
  10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Does he have ANY NBA sources? I know he has friends, but has he ever broken a story?

11. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

It's more like he says things that he THINKS SHOULD or WANTS to happen

DonKnock likes this.
  12. romain

romain Member

Kurt Helin‏ @basketballtalk
    Problem with Carmelo to OKC rumors: going to need a third team because Knicks won't want Kanter. Same challenge as Rockets/Anderson.

DonKnock and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

14. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Put me in the camp of those not sold on Melo. For a discount sure, bring him aboard and see what he's got left with the league's top two passers feeding him in his desired spots.

OKC with Melo is top four worthy, but I still feel we are better as currently constructed. Ryan Anderson still adds a lot of positive value to this team such that even a 1:1 Melo swap doesn't make up for it all, at least offensively. This shouldn't make us flinch.

HakeemOnlyFan and No Chance like this.
  15. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I honestly don't even care at this point. Something just needs to happen. Closure is the end game brehs.

DonKnock and Matt78777 like this.
  16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

None of this actually indicates Carmelo wants OKC. All these GMs jumping into the fray. This mainly feels like the Knicks trying to force Morey to give up Capela.

17. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Also something to think about: If Carmelo was a free agent THIS summer, he would have already signed with the Rockets the second they traded for CP3. However; Carmelo has the option to be a free agent NEXT summer, so the question is, is there a situation this upcoming season that would cause Melo to change his mind about wanting to be here for 2018-19? Does he go all-in on staying in New York, does he get traded to Cleveland and him and LeBron decide to sign there long-term, does he waive his no-trade clause for OKC/POR or somebody else and fall in love with those cities/teammates and sign there long term???

I think the answer to all of those is "no". So even if Melo isn't a Rocket this season, he will be for next season.

18. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

We are gonna see all kinds of reports pop up this week about other teams trying to get him. Knicks are gonna put out all kinds of stuff to try to get best offer from rockets. Until I hear melo is willing to expand list its nothing.

DonKnock likes this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

CP3 has direct access to Melo, and Melo will tell him what's really going on. Lames like Lillard don't get that type of confidential info from Melo.

20. Caesar

Caesar Member