1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks committed to completing deal with rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Presti's Revenge!

snowconeman22 likes this.
  2. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Kanter tho is expiring is the difference

3. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

yea but they can get a third team involved and sweeten the deal by giving up a 1st rounder. I honestly had a feeling Presti would be trying to acquire melo under the radar to convince Paul george to stay next year and if Melo decides to waive his trade clause presti would probably pull this off.

4. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Agree 100%. OKC has like $45M/yr tied up to Adams/Kanter, both of whom suck. They signed Adams to a 4-yr, $100M extension last fall, and Kanter is such a defensive liability Donovan couldn't use him in the playoffs ("can't play Kanter").

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Kanter has a player option, and he's an idiot if he turns down 18 million

DonKnock, BigMaloe, Caesar and 2 others like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Officially circling? Is he implying that Melo has expanded his list to include OKC?

7. threepointshot3

This is hilarious...Simmons always throws bullshit out there

8. romain

romain Member

[​IMG]Jon Hamm‏ @JonMHamm
    The biggest stumbling block to any trade involving Carmelo Anthony: to where would he be willing to waive his No-Trade Clause?

8:59 AM - 24 Jul 2017

DonKnock likes this.
  9. rockets13champs

MOREY HAS TO STOP PLAYING. JUST GET THIS **** DONE

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Adams is really good actually and his contract is not ridiculous. He is only 24 years old and would be perfect next to Porzingis. I think he would be too much to give up for 33-year-old Melo, though. And who is gonna be their rim protector after Adams leaves? Patrick Patterson, maybe?

Honestly, Morey should continue to work the deal if possible, but I don't want the team to overpay for Carmelo, who is better than Ryan Anderson but isn't enough to take the team over GSW. If we miss out on Melo now, fine. There will be other opportunities (like how the Kyrie trade demand just came out of nowhere).

Vivi likes this.
  11. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Moreys not playing lol. The knicks are the ones taking their time.

12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Until Woj says Melo would be willing to waive his NTC for OKC then disregard Bill "I need attention" Simmons.

DonKnock, BigMaloe, Plowman and 3 others like this.
  13. rockets13champs

OKC about to snatch him like they snatched george

14. rockets13champs

15. finsraider

finsraider Member

Feels like NYK trying to build leverage...OKC won't provide it. Any contract they would send out would be objectively worse than Anderson.

Adams: 4 years $100 million
    Kanter: 2 years $36.5 million

Like us, they don't have any attractive picks, young players or stashes to send.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  16. dje243

dje243 Member

But OKC to me is still a big question mark as far as future stability. Harden is locked in. Westbrook hasn't even signed his extension yet and although George is saying all the things he needs to say to not be public enemy number one in OKC all year there is a pretty huge chance he bolts and Westbrook follows. All indications seem to point to CP3 wanting to stay longterm in Houston with Harden locked in. Plus I have a hard time believing a player would choose to play with Westbrook/George over CP3/Harden. These guys have made the players around them look really good and prioritize sharing the ball. Westbrook already ran off a top 5 player. Plus he wants to live in OKC instead of Houston? I don't see it. He knew the lay of the NBA landscape when he said Houston/CLE only. Do I doubt that OKC is trying to woo him? Not at all. But so is Portland and probably other teams too. This, to me, is a leak NYK is putting out there to get more from Houston. It's a possibility. I think their assets are better than ours, but I just don't see how that makes sense. Right now, as constructed, I see Houston as a top 2-3 team. OKC to me is top 5 if Westbrook changes his ways and shares the ball. We've not see him do that yet.

DonKnock and basketballholic like this.
  17. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

What the hell does "officially circling each other" mean? Is that like a circle jerk? @Pen15clubber can you confirm?

No Chance, DonKnock, BigMaloe and 4 others like this.
  18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Not sure I believe this.

If so, this will be an awful turn of events. OKC could absolutely make a deal for Melo that's better than what we can make from a Knicks perspective.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  19. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Knicks might actually want Adams under contract for that long, but there is no way that Carmelo waives his no trade clause to go to Oklahoma. He's not friends with Westbrook or PG13, and at this point in his career, I'd think Melo would want to compete for a championship and play with his buddies.