1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks committed to completing deal with rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

What crap? Weed? mar1juana has been directly responsible for exactly zero deaths in the history of everything. Alcohol on the other hand...

2. rockets13champs

7:00

Lala will not move to Houston

3. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Lol I love when I read a comment like "even if we get Melo, we're still not going to be better then the warriors".

Then why even play games next year ? Just give them the next few trophies until their contracts are done, then mass draft. Why even try to go after Melo we we aren't going to be better. Give back CP3 while we're at it.

I don't understand why people feel it's not as cool to be an optimist. With Melo I say we are the second best team in the league and should we get first place and win the championship, I wouldn't even be that surprised. The rockets are a contender this year period. I haven't been this excited in a long time for the season and if we're not going to be better then the Warriors fine. Log back in when their trash. If this post sounds like I'm talking about you, I probably am

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

Just **** off

Tfor3 and ClutchCitity81 like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Begley always just repackages whatever Woj says. Why is ESPN even paying this guy?

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I hate the Knicks. I never thought I'd see the day where superstars had hand picked us as their landing place. Suddenly we are the only hope to beat those punk ass Warriors.

Thank you basketball gods.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The Cavs owner and LeBron realize replacing Love with Melo actually makes them worse. Love's 3-and-rebound act is something they can't lose in return for a one-dimensional player that is 5 years older.

verysimplejason and JayGoogle like this.
  9. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

The Rockets actually issued a response to this through their Director of Player Personnel, Bobby Brown: "That's her prerogative".

10. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

The part that really got me was the whole Nene posting on Instagram. That made this whole thing seem like an officially done deal. So far from imminent I feel.

11. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Melo coming to Houston is the Rockets version of the white walkers. We keep hearing winter is coming and before you know it, it's the next season

Caesar, heypartner, Yung-T and 6 others like this.
  12. Mr. Motiejunas

Maybe he saw a fake woj tweet :p

Stormy1234 likes this.
  13. icewill36

icewill36 Member

on paper are we as good as the warriors ? no, but the move puts us in position to take advantage of things like injuries or suspensions that we otherwise would not be able to. they could lose one of their stars to injury and still beat every team in the league in 5 games except for the cavs and spurs, who could take them 7 and possibly win.... with melo i believe the rockets enter that territory.

jamisonrocket likes this.
  14. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Exactly but for the record… when we topple the Warriors, I want them full strength and in perfect health. I almost drowned in the tears of Spurs fans when Leonard went out

topfive and Tfor3 like this.
  15. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I don't get why people don't see that the fact that it isn't happening yet means a trade with us where we land Melo is not going to happen.
    We know Morey isn't going to sweeten the pot with a Capela or gut our team by trading both Ariza and EG, and if we had made them an offer they liked they would have taken it. This new GM isn't going to make a trade he doesn't like as his first move with the team.

Our best bet is Melo holds his position by refusing to expand list, and they agree on a buyout and he picks us.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Actually woj has been creditting begley as the original source on a lot of this melo stuff

D-rock likes this.
  17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Back to your old self, I see. ;)

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Examples? All I ever see him say is "according to Woj" or "our very own Woj said blah blah blah"

19. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

:)
    That's actually pretty positive for my standards. I'm holding out hope for the buyout and him picking us. Though even there I do feel like Melo is more likely to fold (expand his list) than New York is (buyout). People say New York will look bad if they don't go through with the Houston trade. That's ludicrous. It won't be anywhere near as bad as they look if they get as little as I would assume they get in a trade for us.

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Frankly, the day LBJ leaves is the day the Cavs slide into the Lake of the Great Mistake.

No Chance likes this.