1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks and kanter feud..trade for Bk??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shvedsucks, Dec 31, 2018.

?

Would you trade kanter for Bk?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Nope. But how bout lopez wants out of bulls. Chriss knight n a pick. Im feeling it.

Plus keeps him away from the warriors. Troll move

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

His value can increase, or not. But it's the size of his salary that is attractive because you can use it to absorb another higher salary of a better player who actually fits w/Rockets.

It's just going to take picks.

Giving up his salary for crap defeats the purpose.

3. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

Please guys before you throw out other names that are better than kanter, think of salaries and what we have to give up in a trade, it takes 2 teams and numbers to work remember

fattz likes this.
  4. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

We tried that for butler, and we included 4 first round picks, they didn’t bite, for a player who they absolutely had to trade. I can’t think of anyone else that would be available this year in which Knight can be used for in a trade. If Knight and 4 first round picks couldn’t get it done for butler who they had to trade, there is nothing else it would work for, even including 4 first round picks. Unless u want someone like Ryan Anderson back or Nicholas Batum, chandler parsons or something, I’ll pass

5. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

Have u seen his numbers? Lopez that is

6. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

But I agree the only hope would be that he gets better as we go along and his value increases significantly. I would just rather have someone that can help us now than wait and hope

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Trust in Morey, hes got a better deal or two up his sleeve.

thedreamsteam and shvedsucks like this.
  8. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Nope but i know he sets good screens n is a lob threat n decent d. He on a team that tanking n aint getting mins

9. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Plus i watched highlights of him against the pels last year with boogie n ad. He scored 25 points. Now add him to james harden. He gotta be better then a old ass nene right

10. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

Bro look up his stats and look up kanters

11. Garner

Garner Member

I’m definitely not convinced the 4 first rounders was ever on the table.

RudyTBag likes this.
  12. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

Remember Harden making bbq chicken out of him prompting Donovan to say "can't play Kanter"?

shvedsucks likes this.
  13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Anyone using stats to determine who is a better fit on this team between Kanter or RoLo needs to leave basketball-reference.com and actually watch real games. There's a reason why Kanter can't hold a starting position despite his numbers.

RudyTBag and saleem like this.
  14. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

Woj has never said anything he isn’t sure to be true. At least not that I know of. If anyone else said it, I would say maybe. But woj never gives BS

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Since WOJ says what NBA front offices want him to say.

16. Garner

Garner Member

Sure, but we still have no idea how those first rounders would be conveyed.

Sure, we'll give you 4 top 29 protected first round picks; each year that protection is met, the pick becomes a second rounder top 55 protected; if that protection is met, the pick becomes a dinner date with Danuel House.

We just don't know what "4 first rounders" actually meant.

17. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

No way houston is getting anything near top 10 for next 3, 4 years anyways, not with harden on the team

18. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

so which would you rather have, or is a better fit for the rockets, lopez or kanter?

19. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

Are you saying if there was no other variables and it wasn’t a trade? Like if both were free agents and the same price which one I would pick? I’m not really familiar with Lopez’ game but his stats are terrible. Both would be a backup for us playing max 15 minutes so I would still pick kanter. Any defensive setbacks by kanter can be covered in our scheme, which we have shown we can do. And I’m sure Lopez isn’t an elite perimeter defender either. But kanter can help scoring for those 15 minutes and also give another option in the post should it become necessary (game 7 last year). He is also an elite rebounder, including defensive rebounding, which is a top flaw for us

20. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

I mean for his career