1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

kmart to hawks?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by omair, Jul 9, 2004.

Tags:
  1. omair

omair Contributing Member

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

He hasnt officially signed Atlanta's offer sheet yet. I think he is waiting to see what the Nuggets do first. We probably will know more by the end of the weekend. I think he will sign either a Hawk or Nugget offersheet and the Nets will be forced to match. And it will be interesting to see if the Nets do match. I think it is 50/50 on that.

3. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

He's not worth the max. God I hope Kiki lets him go to Atlanta.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I agree. I dont think he is worth the Max. He is worth about what Boozer got.

Martin isnt worth the max because he doesnt have a good enough polished low post game.

Nuggets4, if the Nugs dont go after Kmart or Kobe, who are the Nuggets looking next in line? Or are they going to hold onto the cap money for next year?

5. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Big fat long term contracts are delivered like crazy this summer.

One question, do GMs get some shares of signing bonus too? Otherwise I have a hard time to believe why they are so eager to give so many crazy contracts away.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Martin is far superior to Boozer, IMO.

Is he worth max? In the Eastern Conference I think the answer is clearly yes.

7. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

He's simply trying to set his price. He hasn't agreed to the offer sheet, he's just using this to go to DEN and ask them to match. He also wants to get a feel if New Jersey is willing to match. Analysts have been very much split about Ratner's willingness to dish that much money out with Kittles and Kidd still on board.

Signing bonuses are a CBA loophole that allow teams to frontload a contract, making it difficult for a RFA's team to match the deal.

Evan

8. Ghettostar85

Ghettostar85 Member

I hope he joins the hawks ...The west can't have all big guys wiith skills

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Do the Nugs have faith in Nene, or do they see something they don't like?

Don't say nono to Nene!

10. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I don't see why anyone would want that punk. Cold-cocking a player from behind as he's going up for a shot; making fun of a hall-of-famer who was falling behind on his sprints in practice (even though the guy had to get a KIDNEY TRANSPLANT and his career should have been over)- classy guy. No thanks.