1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Klay Thompson was out of bounds on last play?!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cbs1507, May 9, 2019.

1. dischead

dischead Member

Why are all these refs so old? A younger person with better eyesight could better move his head up and down to check feet and if ball is released

Voltik and hakeem94 like this.
  2. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Rockets should have been up by 10 at this point. I agree that NBA refs are generally trash and this cost us a chance to tie the game but I'm not even mad bc the rockets choked. They deserved THIS missed call for not putting this team away. This is what happens.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

I agree they should have taken advantage of the situation..... but the Warriors still had Curry and Thompson out there. Very capable players of getting them big points. The Rockets literally don't have that option. I know Gordon can get you 20 points a game, but his shooting was off much of the night.

It wasn't the end of the world if Durant went out injured. Now if they lost Curry as well... they would be ****ed.

4. Voltik

Voltik Member

Really? This is a lame excuse as the ref is standing next to him, which doesn’t mean he needs eyes on his feet to be able to know that the player is out of bounds WITH him. If I am out of bounds and Iliterally have a player standing NOT in front but NEXT to me, is much easier call than heel on line a mile away.

5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

All ok with what you said. It was bad reffing. But not rigged. Not questioning refs intentions. Just stupid.

Voltik likes this.
  6. Voltik

Voltik Member

The KD injury is taking away from how badly this game was called in the 1st and 4th quarters along with particular calls in 2nd and 3rd. They are allowing Steph to get going in the 1st quarter with slight touch fouls (even if that) and non calls (blocking). Except maybe one, all the calls on the charges in the past few games have given Warriors huge momentum swings espically getting their superstars going.

Here are the calls that are consistently favoring Warriors this series and there is something completely wrong with this series by the officiating crew:

1.) undercutting 3 point shooters
    2.) blatant moving screens on Rockets players that sends them 10 away from the Worrier shooter
    3.) charge calls when feet are moving or not flat and body slightly contorted
    4.) holding on rebounds

7. smp

smp Member

The refs will never be perfect. I am positive the GS fans could put together videos of missed calls from the last game too. The point is the refs didn’t rig the game against us like they have in the past.

I think the NBA might actually want us to win with KD out. It would be a big story with Harden and CP3 making it to the finals. We are the villains. Every story needs a good villain.

I’m not saying they will rig it for us. But I am saying I don’t think they will rig it against us like they did last year.