1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Klay Thompson was out of bounds on last play?!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cbs1507, May 9, 2019.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

You say that and yet... we always get facked and they always get the benefit. So how about you please stop and let us voice our frustration and the terrible refereeing that infects the NBA.

rhee likes this.
  2. JW86

JW86 Member

I'm saying, sure the referees might have made a mistake here, but it makes sense he looks at pushing more so than the feet. It's maybe a second where the referee has to decide where to look and to expect him to look at Klay's feet is silly. The Rockets not asking for a review, I think CP3 was actually signalling for one, but the dumb rules states there has to be a whistle.

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

However this all plays out, I wouldn't be against something of a shakeup in the offseason, but most GM's on the phone with Morey would say, "Sorry, Daryl, but I wouldn't touch CP3's contract with your d***." It isn't so much of hating on CP3, it's that contract that forced Morey into signing fringe YMCA dudes, then trading them and their losses off when we wound up with Rivers (pretty good) and Manimal (pretty hurt).

Capela played better when he was dealing with two viruses. Maybe he's on the tired side of recovering from all that, but he and CP3 haven't exactly gone (take it away, Gwen) "b-a-n-a-n-a-s" this series.

4. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

This is so sad mess

6. Fantasma Negro

7. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I also think Tuck's heel was "up" off the line ala Sean Elliott. But no chance to review that either. Also Gordon didn't foul Iggy at all, Iggy flopped like a facking b****. Add those up with Klay being "out" and we get facked!

Voltik, rhee and bro2044 like this.
  8. Bruce Bowen

Bruce Bowen Member

Because the ref can't look at his feet... and the ball...comprende?

9. JW86

JW86 Member

Not sure about Tucker. Gordon fouled Iggy, he slapped him on the arm.

10. Bruce Bowen

Bruce Bowen Member

You lost the chance to win the game when they didnt commit a foul

11. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I don't care about refs. We should of blown them out when we had the chance. CP3 just isn't cutting it at all.. I mean at all. Clint just doesn't know what to do once he has the ball in the middle of the paint.

icewill36 likes this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

NBA: "Paul (HOU) and Harden (HOU) trap Thompson (GSW) against the sideline and Thompson jumps backwards to find an opening for the pass. After reviewing the play from multiple angles and frame-by-frame, there is no conclusive angle that shows the ball touching Thompson's (GSW) fingertips as he lands before releasing the ball on his pass attempt."

13. JW86

JW86 Member

WOW talk about making a complicated ass sentence for something so simple. He had the ball in his hands, so it's about whether he still had his fingertips on the ball - had he already passed or not - when his foot touched the floor out of bounds.

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I agree 100%

icewill36 likes this.
  15. SuraGotMadHops

Bad call but I can't put this one on the refs. So far, only Game 1 was an Adam Silver rig job. Capela and CP3 wet the bed, that is why we lost. Scapegoating the refs is a cop out.

JW86, icewill36 and hakeem94 like this.
  16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Lol l2m says so otherwise but they didnt have the balls to say cnc. Left that part blank.

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Rockets should have had the lead way before that point. I don't even care. At least this wasn't "Durant out of bounds" level bad.

18. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

That's why you look at feet first, especially on a double team on the sideline. The ref never looked down. It's possible Klay's heel touches the boundary before he jumps to pass it. But we'll never know, since he wasn't even looking and we have no definitive angles. Of course the same ref, had no problem looking down on the PJ Tucker 3 he called off. And all we could see on the replay is he heel up and toes down in bounds.

#98 cbs1507, May 9, 2019
    Last edited: May 9, 2019
  19. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

I'm sorry NBA, but that answer isn't good enough. He was out, he was touching the ball, stop looking at 240p video and you might get the call right.

WestendMassive likes this.
  20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Of course he was. Tucker shoots a 3 and they look at his feet, Klay shoots a 3 and they check if he's getting fouled.

cbs1507 and darksoul35 like this.