1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KJ Martin eyes contract extension in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kingkingston, Nov 8, 2022.

1. riko

riko Member

Nawaba? Yeah no. This kid is way better then David

BallSoHarden and Ancient Moabite like this.
  2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Been a long time doubter .

part of this is just him making his shots . But that alone is good .

I love Tate . Tate May have to bring his shooting up to keep up . I want to see him play more guard too .

About guards , wha JC doing . DNP CD , discipline issues ?

3. Ancient Moabite

Youth n super athletic ability and timeline fit and is just seems he is a better range shooter than Nwaba, but as I said I see where you coming from

4. Risingred

Risingred Member

No. Every player played like crap after the Rockets gave them an extension. If KMJ willing to accept the deal that structured like KPJ, so be it.

5. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

KJ the only player in all 4 of our best 5-man lineups over the last 2 games

[​IMG]

... in 5 or more mins

Dang look at that bottom lineup tho

But props to the top one, the 17 min one, that's a substantial stretch.

#45 burlesk, Nov 9, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
    OmegaSupreme likes this.
  6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

KPJ has the most unique contract in NBA history owing to his tumultuous career, if KMJ keeps it up there will be a huge market for him ready to throw guaranteed money at him.

Corrosion likes this.
  7. JW86

JW86 Member

Need to lock him up rather sooner than later and start him as soon as possible too. Tate is cool, but he's no KJ.

8. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

KMJ will be a valuable piece wherever he goes. I like his development. Just an energy guy that plays within his capabilities and not trying to do too much. Timely threes, cutting, baseline drives and running hard on the court. He’s impressed me this year.

9. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

interesting though. Rockets extended/re-signed their young core which includes Tate, Green, JC, and Sengun. They signed Bruno to a 4 year deal. If they can get a couple vets and Wemb or a top 3 pick this team will have very good role players mixed with vets and another young lottery stud. Im very excited for the possibility of a wemb//green combination. 23-24 may be where this team could seriously contend for a playoff/play in spot.

10. JW86

JW86 Member

I think Tate is here until a contender think he's worthy to trade for and then he's gone.

11. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

He look ok, just make happy.

12. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

It's time for KJ to start. He is objectively outplaying EG whose defensive effort is lacking and offensively has been erratic. On defense his help defense on bigs and rebounding is a far better fit with Sengun and Jabari, and offensively his three point shooting has been solid alongside really great cutting to the basket. His flexibility in doing spot duty at the 4 also adds a lot of value.

KJ is 21, has developed massively between last season and this season (and he has really put in the work to improve his game), and helps this team perform at its best. He should be a 25-30 min per game guy right now, especially on this team. It's time for Silas to make these moves: move EG and Tate to the bench and reduce their minutes.

13. Risingred

Risingred Member

I want Tari to start instead of KJ. Tari is like an X-factor, that always disrupt the ballhandlers. Even his disruption may not end up in steals, he distracts the opponent offense which makes our defense deficiencies a little bit less noticeable. KJ brings us more offense and sometimes some blocks, but he maybe better served at the 2nd units unless we decided to move Bari to the bench, which is not the direction of the Rockets organization heading to.

Stephen_A and Ancient Moabite like this.
  14. kiwirocketsfan

Tari over KMJ.

Only sign KMJ if he is happy being a 6-8th man.

15. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I love Tari but he’s got to work on handles and finishing at the rim. On fast breaks he just goes north south most of the time. Would like to see him change directions on the defender or use euro step more.

16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I’m glad he has taken a step. It’s his 3rd year; he should be establishing himself as a player at this point, and he’s got some more potential. I like him. In 25 min he’s averaging 11.5 pts shooting 36% from 3pt with 5 reb. That’s solid and he’s turned his value into late first rounder for sure. But he’s below average on defense, he’s never gonna be a good ball handler, I question the BBall IQ. I see a good nba rotational player but not a starter on a good team. I think the ceiling may be lower than people think, so I’d sell high. More minutes for our other developing players.

fattz likes this.
  17. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Losing someone like Tate or KPJ would not make me nervous, I think we know what they are, KMJ is a guy i feel like could have another gear or two and may make a significant leap, and make us regret giving him away.

Corrosion likes this.
  18. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

Pay him what you paying JT then trade JT.
    Throw in Matthews too, so that he's not alone.

19. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

20. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES