1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kirk Snyder: "Houston is where I did a lot of growing as a player and man"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OrangeRowdy95, Mar 25, 2008.

1. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

http://www.twincities.com/timberwolves/ci_8685965

Reaffirms what he told me at TMac's softball charity matches that JVG made him understand what's most important in his life.

2. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

I wish we gave him more minutes. His jump shot was the only thing he needed to work on.

3. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

I hope he does well in Minny or somewhere. Even though he had a bad rap early in his career for being a hothead, he was nothing but a good kid while he was here.

4. rz04

rz04 Member

He really seem to have finally found some consistent playing time in Minny, avg close to 30min 10pts 4reb.

Kirk has all the physical talents to stay around this league for a long time. Just have some mental lapses on the court from time to time, hopefully he could use the PT he's getting from the TWolves to continue advancing his game, I wish him all the bets.

5. GAY4WHO???

GAY4WHO??? Member

yeah, its kind of sad that he was the opening day starter then got hurt and never found a role again...I wish him the best and looks like he might be putting things together. I always thought he eventually would. Hes bonzi but in shape.

6. Blue Brick

Blue Brick Member

I think Morey did an honoury job of finding him a place that would give him a chance to play. I believe we did that trade mainly for Snyder rather than getting G.Green.

7. rz04

rz04 Member

Yea I think the trade was definitely to trade Snyder to a team where he could get more playing time, too bad we had to throw in a 2nd rounder for Green tho :( .

8. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

so if he plays good this wednesday, he'll yell in front of the bench again?

9. ColomboLQ

ColomboLQ Member

We could really use him now as a backup to McGrady and Battier.

10. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Glad he's doing steady. He'll get a chance to do some more learning once he comes back and gets schooled by McGrady.

11. ColdspringX

ColdspringX Member

basically we traded him for Mike Harris, which is a lot cheaper but just as good, if not better. I always liked Kirk though, but he's not a high IQ player, which means he doesnt have much chance in coach A' system

12. Humer

Humer Member

I'm glad we were able to trade him to a team where he can finally see some play-time. A good guy and I wish him nothing but the best.

13. nycundaground

nycundaground Member

Synder may not be the smartest of the bunch but he was still a good bench warmer and cheerleader/

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

I wish him well, I never thought he really got a chance to shine. Very talented kid.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

dude hasn't been in the league that long, if he's grown as a player, of course alot of it was in houston

16. ColomboLQ

ColomboLQ Member

I get that much of it, but Mike Harris isn't playing right now. Plus Kirk has better size and better range (which isn't saying much cause Kirk didn't exactly have a great jumpshot).

17. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

The worst thing that happened to Snyder was when he broke his hand last year. He played great the first month of the season, when he came back, he just didn't have a consistent playing time he had. When he played in the preseason last year, I remember how easy it was for him to slash to the basket and dunk it out of nowhere.

From what I remember also, him and Head looked like they were close and had a knack for knowing each other's game in the court, kinda like how Cat and Francis did back in the days.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Interesting that he has talked to both Tracy and especially Jeff after the trade.

19. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Agreed. Snyder seems like a good guy and the kind of role player that will hang around for a long time. I'm glad we got Mike Harris, just for his aggression, but I wish Snyder nothing but the best.

20. sleepirlo

sleepirlo Member

Best wishes to him.
    He is a good guy.