1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kings want Motiejunas packaged with picks for 5th?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 27, 2012.

1. prs325

prs325 Member

Nope. Originally it was Lowry and our picks for Evans and the 5th. They want DMo instead of Lowry now.

2. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

He fell that low for things that are in the process of being corrected (added bulk, rebounding) as well as contractual issues. He's better than Zeller and Leonard right now and both of whom are lottery bound draftees. Top ten talent.

And Parsons was picked 39th. Does that mean we should "gamble" by getting the 9th pick with him?

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

They really do. They actually think that a #20 pick in a weaker draft is some how going to magically transform into a #5 pick in a deep draft.

4. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Just sounds too scared to make moves. He better be special if the we dont get the 5th pick because of him.

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Quite tired of hearing anything David Aldridge has to say. Screw that guy.

6. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

I'd say no way. If it were me Dmo stays put.

7. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

This thread proves why only 30 people get to be NBA level GM's.

8. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Man this is bull. Some people want a star but not really want to trade up to the 5th pick to potentially get one? Just to keep guys stashed in Europe? If he was good he would be here already. He would be thought of higher right now than he already is.

9. drc3906

drc3906 Member

There is no reason no to think high of him. He was rated as a top five draft pick at one time...then roller coaster a bit. He keeps improving and has a very high ceiling. Unless someone has a crystal ball, there is no proof that Harrison Barnes, or any other prospect outside of Anthony are going to be better than him in the long term. It's a gamble either way. Only the Rockets front office would have a better prospective than the fan off the street. I want to see him play for us.

10. klutch sidy

klutch sidy Member

anybody who tells Dwight Howard to "come and catch me if you can" should probably be traded.

11. Spooner

Spooner Member

What are you talking about. He had contract obligations overseas. That is one of the main reasons he slipped so far. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find 7 footers with that kind of ability?

12. drc3906

drc3906 Member

Bad logic...

13. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Isn't Legion Sports BS?

14. cod

cod Member

Got his big contract, then sucked. Another contract year star.

15. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Come on now? Harrison Barnes! The top 5 picks of this year in a stronger draft? :rolleyes:

16. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Wasn't he injured for a long time last season?

17. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

I want

C:Drummond
    PF:Scola
    SF:parsons
    SG:Tyreke
    PG:Dragic

Mold Tyreke to play like DWade

18. shanvhere

shanvhere Member

WE better not trade Donata! THAT DUDES A BEAST!

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah I want to debate this further but honestly I don't want to derail the thread anymore.

Back to DMo, the Kings and Portland:

The more I think about it the more I think Drummond is just a smokescreen, and we're after Lilliard. Why would Houston keep trying to work out a deal for the 5th pick?

Based on the public knowledge, this is what we know of the draft orders:

4rth: Barnes or MKG
    5th (Kings): MKG or Barnes
    6th (Portland): Liliard
    7th Warriors

Looking at the teams, picks 4-6 are not going to pick Drummond, if DM wanted him all along why not do a trade for the 7th pick? Warriors already have Bogut as their center, they're not gonna draft Drummond, and a pg like Lowry would be golden for them, because he can defend SGs and make up for Curry being undersized. In fact, I would argue that Drummond could be available all way to the 10th, since Raptors have Bargnani/Valanciunas while Pistons want to make the playoffs (gave up 1st round pick to get Maggette)and Drummond is another long term project.

20. Spooner

Spooner Member

This draft is deeper. Not stronger at the top. If anything Motiejunas was slated in the top 5 in stronger drafts in the past.