1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kings want Motiejunas packaged with picks for 5th?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Donuts only if Cousins is included. Still wouldn't love it or anything.

2. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Heck it its this I would do it.

Lowry, D-Mo, 12th, 16th for 5th and Evans

3. Spooner

Spooner Member

Berger: Rockets Trying To Cut In Front Of Blazers?

4. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Lowry, DMo, and 12 for Cousins. Then you call it a day.

5. jacoby

jacoby Member

Why? Cousins has potential to be a dominant Center. Donuts hasn't played a minute in this league.

Clutchfans, man. Overrated the hell out of our assets. If the only thing standing in our way of getting Dwight is Donatas, I'd trade him without a moments hesitation.

6. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

No deal. He has one thing that we need. Potential.

7. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Yeah man!

Then how do we pick up another top 10 pick? All for this trade though.

8. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Guys as much as we love D-mo? He was a 20th pick in the draft. To get the 5th pick is worth more right now. He may be something but you have to gamble like that.

9. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Anyone with any basketball knowledge would know rondo is in a totally different world than lowry. Rondo can always get to the rim and finish,lowry can't. There is a reason why he gets triple doubles,not near triple doubles. Teams scheme to keep him out the paint and they still can't do it. Lowry on celtics wouldn't make it out 1st rd and maybe even not make the playoffs.

10. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

Payback is a b****. Hopefully this pans out.

11. conquistador#11

that's because we are awesome and Maury also thinks "the moon" of his assets as said by several gms around the league.:p

12. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

he would be a top 10 this year.

13. Spooner

Spooner Member

Ken Berger of CBSSports.com reports that the Houston Rockets could be stockpiling picks in order to trade up above the Portland Trail Blazers so that they can draft UConn center Andre Drummond or Weber State guard Damian Lillard.
    -----------------------------
    Among several avenues the Rockets are exploring would be a trade with Sacramento for the No. 5 pick in a deal that likely would send Tyreke Evans to Houston, sources said. The teams have discussed several scenarios, and while one person briefed on the talks described the deal as "getting close," rival executives have gotten the strong impression that the Kings are steadfastly resisting the Rockets' overtures.

Word in front office circles has been consistent that the Rockets' target is Connecticut 7-footer Andre Drummond, although some executives openly wondered Wednesday if that was a smokescreen. Welcome to the 24 hours before the draft. It's possible that Houston's real target is Damian Lillard, whom the Trail Blazers are believed to covet with the sixth pick, sources said.
    -----------------------------

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/k...ockpiling-picks-in-bid-to-draft-in-the-top-10

14. King901

King901 Member

just die...

15. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

I'm not at all sure the #5 is better than DMo by himself, but I'd do DMo plus #18 for #5, maybe DMo plus #16. And, I'd give up Parsons before DMo, because I think DMo might turn into an All-Star.

16. Asian Sensation

Keep it up like Lowry? You can't be serious. Lowry played stellar ball for half of a lockout shortened season and now you want to say he's better than Rondo? That's comical.

Rondo has been one of the top PG's for the last few years and he comes up HUGE every time he's been in the playoffs where it matters most and something that can't be said for Kyle. It's not just about hitting jumpers or 3pt shots even though he did hit them when it mattered most... Rondo is the ultimate gamer and he always steps up his level of play when it matters most. Dude nearly averaged a tripple double in a series a couple years ago. Even when the big 3 leave Rondo ... he'll still get his and find other players to make better.

Didn't want to derail this thread but I had to point out the ridiculousness.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Think they are playing the Blazers.

Move up to 5 and talk about how you are taking the guy they want...then tell them "Sorry, that guy is gone...but you could have Lowry instead..."

and thus end up with the 5th and 6th picks.

But I'm guessing the Kings are trying to get all they can from the Rockets which would make a deal with Portland difficult.

1 person likes this.
  18. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I am working on it with a bottle of Jack already. I cant guarantee anything with my size though. It takes a lot. :grin:

19. lpbman

lpbman Member

I didn't say it but my gut agrees.
    I wouldn't trade him for Howard without an extension.

20. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

This is the deal man. Move up to 5th. Take Evans. Its the deal you can make. Its the deal that can help us moving forward.