1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kings want Motiejunas packaged with picks for 5th?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 27, 2012.

1. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Ok this is the 5th pick. Morey should do it. I think he needs to get over his stigma of holding back. Just do it already. Its good deal. Nobody knows how good DMo will be as a 20th pick.

2. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

I dont want D-Mo in any trades

The Kings can go to hell for all i care

They want Lowry, 2 first rounders, and D-Mo for the #5 overall pick( *&^% that)

3. Asian Sensation

Rondo's the MVP on that team. The best thing that could've happened to KG, Pierce and Allen is Rajon Rondo. He makes that team go. Rondo being inferior to Lowry is laughable. Rondo didn't just have a hot streak during this years playoffs. He ALWAYS comes up huge in the playoffs and in years past as well.

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Playing with KG, Pierce and Allen could do wonders to your stock. Kendrick Perkins averaged 26 mins, 6 pts and 8 rebs and somehow people thought 9M a year was fair value for him.

OKC traded for him and realized "whoops this dude defends the paint well but can't score and is only an average rebounder, wtf did I waste my cap on him when I still have to pay Ibaka and Harden?"

5. liveguy

liveguy Member

Nope.

Wouldnt do it.

They are already getting two picks and a player in Lowry, right?

6. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

The Kings are high on something if they Morey will pull the trigger on that

Its bad enough they arent including Tyreke Evans or any future 1st.

7. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Who says they were getting Lowry too? Lowry, Dmo and two picks is not what they said is it? I dont think it is so Morey should go all in if its just Lowry or just Dmo plus picks.

8. Asian Sensation

I have/had high hopes for him as well but I think a lot of that stemmed from the notion that we didn't have much to look forward too.

Now with talks of #5, Dwight, Deron Williams etc. It pretty much makes D-Mo an afterthought... which is EXACTLY what he is and should be.

9. liveguy

liveguy Member

Sounds stupid to me...

No offense to you...

But to give up all that for a player that's only gonna stay one year is suicide for the rox.

Just quit now Morey.

10. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

NOOOO DMO!! =(

11. herro

herro Member

The Kings would need to include a player whom we would actually use (read: Cousins).

12. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Perkins was considered the best defensive center in the NBA in Boston outside of Howard. He also played through a torn groin muscle throughout the playoffs. The guy is tough as nails. Everybody already knew he wasn't a threat offensively.

13. Spooner

Spooner Member

We don't know what the deal is, or if they are even fighting over D Mo.

14. Garner

Garner Member

D-Mo and Parsons are the only ones I'd be bitter to see go.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

They need each other. The problem here is how many teams out there field 3 guys so good offensively you can have an offensive liability for a pg? There's not that many teams out there that have that luxury, and as I said most people just didn't realize it because Rondo got hot and started hitting 3 pt shots and mid-range shots, somethign he doesn't do all that well. If he could keep it up like Lowry did then he's definitely better and IMHO he'd be the best pg in the NBA, but if it was just a hot streak like Ariza then IMHO Lowry's better if you don't have Paul Pierce, Ray Allen and KG on your team.

16. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

trade Domo. His expectations are too high around here.

17. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Lowry ain't even in the same tier as Rondo.

18. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Ok lets say its either one of these? I say yes to both.

Lowry plus two picks

D-mo plus two picks

I would do both for the opportunity to draft 5th and 18th.

19. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

We had a similar conversation a couple of days ago. I can't lie,I have a very,very hard time giving up do-nuts. I think he can be special. I've been watching the kid for awhile now and given the draft depth and uncertainty, I don't think I will do it. I mean,If he's a better version of bargiani,that's probably better than almost everyone in this draft. I don't think gilcrest,and some of the other guys are gonna pan out. If they can get close enough to get drummond, I would like that. Maybe on draft night if drummond starts to slip a little,I would make a move.

20. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Well ill let D-Mo go for the pick and 1 of Cousins or Evans. Evans b/c i think we can use him to flip for another trade...