1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Kings want Motiejunas packaged with picks for 5th?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Asian Sensation

Is ejarts and ObamaFan the same person? You both agree on the stupidest ideas/ most ridiculous nonsense ever and both of you are annoying as ****.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I don't really think it's about how high a pick in how strong a draft you are. I mean, Darko was the 2nd overall pick in a super strong 2003 draft. Now, of course that's the extreme example and we are talking 9 years after the fact, but still. A player's value starts changing on draft night.

As far as Motiejunas goes, the question isn't even whether he'd be picked 5th had been in this draft. The question is whether including him in the trade is the only way to get it done and what the cost of the alternatives are vs. what you project to be his contribution (can't know for certain, but in terms of a probability distribution-- does he have, say, 10% chance of being really special, 60% chance of being competent, and 30% chance of being a bust, or whatever)?

We'll see... teams have plenty of time to complete their draft day deal still. For something like the 5th pick, the Kings shouldn't stop exploring better offers a day before they have to do it. Maybe there is a deal to be made, maybe there is not, we will see.

3. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

we are not the same person lol

4. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

see ya d-MO ... it was nice while it lasted...

5. clos4life

clos4life Member

See, that's a fair trade that benefits both teams. Sac gets Lowry who is a very good known quantity in a great contract for his production plus 12/18 picks of the draft. Meantime, they get rid of Chuck whom they didn't really use well at all. For us, we know the value and how to use Chuck the proper way plus we get the 5th and retain the 14th for perhaps trading up some more if packaged wit players. All this could lead us to Howard.

Oh well, all will be made clear tomorrow.

6. zxcvbn193

zxcvbn193 Member

What about only one: He made a history, by surpasing Euroleague record and grabbing 20 boards or 22 in one game.

7. ejarts

ejarts Member

Umm... D-Mo has been playing on a professional level overseas. One of the best leagues in the world.. and actually won and broke a record. Shown that he can vastly improve within a year. A WINNER. Already better than the rest except maybe for 1st pick.

That's really all you can present, if the topic is potential for being great, against these College kids, D-Mo is already ahead. He knows what it takes to win in big profesh stages.

8. Asian Sensation

I'm happy for that accomplishment and all but who knew grabbing 20 boards would set a record in ANY league? Probably not something to gloat over.

9. ejarts

ejarts Member

the point is that morey told him to develop and improve his rebounding this year and he broke a record.

kinda big deal for a young prospect.

10. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I agree on D-mo potential is as much bust as it is high now. He can be pretty good. He has some holes in his game will have to fix. That can only be done with NBA practice and playing time here. Which is why I want to go ahead and start seeing these guys while we have this sort of team that wont be a playoff contender for a year or two. Develop them and see what we have in him and others. Grow their games.

11. Spooner

Spooner Member

In European play, the shot clock is 30 seconds. There are many more possessions in the US. Naturally, rebounding numbers take a hit. 20 rebounds in a game in Europe is a pretty big deal. It was a record for a reason. It isn't as if absolutely no one in the history of Euro ball could rebound.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Can someone please explain to me how to post a video on here and not just the link?

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

At the bottom of each video, mainly youtube, there is the "share" button. Click on it, then click "embed". Then copy the link and paste it here. Should work.

14. Ashes

Ashes Member

Man a shot clock that high is unheard of here in the States!

15. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

man in an alternate universe I'd definitely pull the trigger on this trade only if I knew Dwight was coming. just too much risk to weigh up this trade at the moment. right now I'm just glad I'm a fan and get to watch the fireworks unfold over the next 18 hours or so.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HuXR7fFCbU4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bNvdH5Bzz_Y?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HNU65x9ZAHg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Sorry i tried to post some videos, it didn't work

18. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

It worked.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Oh lol!! anyways to those videos

Those are 2 mix's for andre in college and one mix of dwight in high school
    If watch them, you see that dwight's and andre's skill set, athleticism and just flat out the way they played the game were very identical.

And there just no way dwight's high school competition was weaker then andre's college competition. So i'd say go in for andre, yes he may bust but he also may be the next dwight howard. Imagine a 19 year old, dwight howard that we can grow into the best center in the league on the rockets...ITS WORTH IT. If there ever was i time to take a risk, its now.

20. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

As much I'm looking forward to seeing D-Mo play, I'd take that 5th pick anyday! Thing is, with the 5th pick and a player you might even get a 3/4 and then you might get Beal / Robinson and with the 5th we may get MKG / Barnes which would be the best.